+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met someone -- but not to sure whats happening now :s

Met someone -- but not to sure whats happening now :s

I met this lovely girl via a dating site, before we met we spoke on the phone at great lengths (2/4 hours) and text each other loads. had so much in common our dreams and desires...
    We eventually meet, and everything was peachy. we kissed we drank we kissed walked hand in hand we actually spoke about how it doesn't feel like we only just met, she invited me back to hers and we talked then fell asleep in each others arms.. morning comes and she had a radiant smile on her face and said that this was just great etc...
    well couple of weeks pass seen her a few times, and each time she tells me that she has feelings for me so I thought great finally things are going my way (she told me a lot of things that had gone on ie had to have an abortion for reasons I won't go into and was surprised how understanding I was) but that being said the one night she says that with everything that had gone on she isn't at a good place, and couldn't do with a relationship as its not fair on dragging me down with her.. I thought nothing of this and told her that I was here for the long hall.. she was grateful and again told me about her feelings and that she needed a bit of space. and I respected her wishes.. she questioned why I was apparently distant with her and I re assured her that it was her request that I give her space.. again the feelings where told to me.. next out of the blue she says I see you more as a friend than anything else! that did come as a shock... although, since then she has contacted me, concerned that she's hurt me and also she does the playful p*** taking out of me... but she seems to slip in the friends comment like if she says it enough times she'd believe it.
    Now I really do like this girl and we connect on quite a few levels, I know that there isn't anyone else in the picture and she has a lot on her plate with her job..But I would like to know am I actauly been put into the Friends zone as its not that clear to me, Iis there a chance/hope for me to get out of the friends zone by the way she chats with me (more than any of her mates) or is that it struck out?

Thanks for reading.

Seems to me that you've been played, good sir. I find it unlikely that she had feelings for you but suddenly thought of you as a friend. I'm guessing she never had the feelings.

Why is she on a dating site if she doesn't want to meet someone to have a relationship with? Unless she specified she was only into something casual I question her motives for being on there if she isn't ready for anything serious. If she is on there to find a relationship then it seems she might not want that with you and is trying to let you down gently. You did the right thing by giving her space and the fact she wonders why you are distant more than likely means she probably just misses the attention.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!