+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I do the right thing? What do I do from here?

Did I do the right thing? What do I do from here?

I really don't know where else to go to for help, so any advice would really be helpful.

Basically, I started talking to this guy and he kept pursuing me to hang out in the worst way (calling last minute, late at night, etc.) I denied him for awhile because I thought he just wanted to hookup and I told him I do not want anything like that. He said he didn't either and got better about trying to hang out (calling earlier, attempting to make some plan, etc) I decided to give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt. So we started seeing each other shortly after and things were quite good, then he got a full time job as well as going to school full time so basically he was really busy from that point on. If we saw each other once a week that was lucky. In between we would talk pretty much every day. But things got really annoying when he really wasn't making an effort or any plan to see me always blaming it on him being so busy. Everything was always last minute and on his terms. I put my foot down and we decided to stop seeing each other since it wasn't fair to me. He ended up calling me a few days later to apologize, tell me that he missed me, whatever...things basically went back to being the same way

Then things got weird again after I tried asking where this was going, he said he would call me later to talk and never did, so after many failed attempts on my part to contact him I gave up. A month later he pops up to apologize again, tell me he was going through some stuff and needed the time alone. We maybe saw each other twice after that and I finally had enough when he wouldn't call when he said he would, make any effort whatsoever. I told him that I'm not a convenience for him when he was available, I'm not an option like that and everything is done on his terms and I was tired of it. He never replied to me when I sent that through text because I knew if I called him he would tell me he had to go because he was "busy."

Basically, I want to know if I said and did the right thing. I know this person is an asshole and I don't want to be with him anymore, but why wouldn't he even reply to me? Is he just going to pop up out of nowhere again and try to hit the reset button with me? Do I attempt to contact him to reiterate and tell him I don't want to hear from him again??

I need help, please.

You definitely did the right thing.
    Dont worry about it too much. Like you said, you arent an option, you should be someones priority.
    See this as a write off, keep yourself busy and dont waste your time on this guy. He is definitely not wasting his on you.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    You definitely did the right thing.
    Dont worry about it too much. Like you said, you arent an option, you should be someones priority.
    See this as a write off, keep yourself busy and dont waste your time on this guy. He is definitely not wasting his on you.
    yeah, i know you're right. but i can't help but feel rejected, even though i basically did the final rejecting

Quote Originally Posted by notsurewhattodo View Post
    yeah, i know you're right. but i can't help but feel rejected, even though i basically did the final rejecting
    Rejection is a horrible feeling. But it is something that we come across many times in our lifetime. Sometimes, it feels as if it was because of you or something you did wrong to get rejected.. which isnt always the case. Its upto that persons preferences/feelings.. etc..
    Dont feel too bad. Instead, feel proud that you were strong and wouldnt just settle to be second best. You need to find something that is worth your time and what you deserve and thats just what you were doing
    These feelings will subside then you can pick yourself up and try all over again!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you contact him to tell him not to contact you when he's not contacting you? What?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    Rejection is a horrible feeling. But it is something that we come across many times in our lifetime. Sometimes, it feels as if it was because of you or something you did wrong to get rejected.. which isnt always the case. Its upto that persons preferences/feelings.. etc..
    Dont feel too bad. Instead, feel proud that you were strong and wouldnt just settle to be second best. You need to find something that is worth your time and what you deserve and thats just what you were doing
    These feelings will subside then you can pick yourself up and try all over again!
    thank you, that's what i'm trying to do...and i'm pretty okay for the most part, i know that it's his loss.

You did the right thing and there is no point in re-establishing contact. As to why he did what he did - who cares. Maybe he wasn't into you, maybe he was dating someone else, maybe whatever.

Whatever the excuse, you don't want to hear it. So let him be.