+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends?

Friends?

Long story short:

My ex and I reconnected a few months ago. We were intimate a cpl of times. He told me he didnt want a relationship. I told him it was hard to sleep with him then because I would have feelings for him. Since then he continues to contact me on a "friendly" basis. We havent done anything but today I picked him up from the airport as a favor and when I dropped him off mentioned meeting up for drinks this weekend. Is he just messing with me or does he have feelings. I dont understand why he's doing this becasue he said "he didnt want to hurt me" a few weeks earlier and was seeing other people.

Don't look into drinks as an invite to a date. Sometimes a drink is just a drink. From the sound of it, he doesn't seem that into you in more than a friend way but that could just be because I don't have all the details. From what you described don't expect anything more than just friends unless he says something about it when you go for drinks.

He is probably better at withdrawing his emotions than you are (I think men are generally better at that than women).

Get what you want before he gets what he wants! DO NOT sleep with him. I was in a similar position, my ex and I remained "friends" having sex occasionally. I had sex because I wanted to orgasm, she had sex because she thought it would bring us back together and I cared.

Quote Originally Posted by toshiba View Post
    He is probably better at withdrawing his emotions than you are (I think men are generally better at that than women).

Get what you want before he gets what he wants! DO NOT sleep with him. I was in a similar position, my ex and I remained "friends" having sex occasionally. I had sex because I wanted to orgasm, she had sex because she thought it would bring us back together and I cared.
    I agree with you. Also, without knowing the details, I would say that the guy is looking for other girls to date and just wants to keep the OP as a backup and to have some sex.

he could be trying to lower your inhabitions so he can sleep with you.....

Wake up - he's getting what he wants.

But what if he has no problem getting sex elsewhere? I know he doesnt want to hurt me so that cant be it...i dont get it

Stop having sex with him and stop doing favors for him, and see what happens. Then you'll have your answer.

Thats the thing, i have stopped having sex with him, and yes although i first declined to take him i did do him a favor...not usually my style by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by abn25 View Post
    But what if he has no problem getting sex elsewhere? I know he doesnt want to hurt me so that cant be it...i dont get it
    This isn't complicated. His penis wants to be friends with your vagina. That's all.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.