+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rape jokes?

Rape jokes?

There's a guy I liked and he likes me back. We hung out a couple times and it was fun. He made some iffy jokes a couple times (like the first time we hung out, he asked me if I'm PMSing because I told him I was mad at someone), but I let it go because it was nothing too bad. He kept dropping compliments about how I'm really smart, funny, look very pretty, etc...

So last week, asked if I wanted to come hang out at his apartment with him and his roommate. I said "yes" since I've been over before and have met his roommate. From the moment I got there, I felt a little uncomfortable because they were talking about threesomes and about what actress they would like a blowjob from.

Then, all of a sudden, they both noticed my shirt that had a vampire reference and asked if I was really one. I made a joke about how I definitely am. The guy I liked, turned to his roommate and sad "you know the only way to get rid of a vampire is to rape it. We have to both rape her at the same time." Then, he and his roommate began to discuss what orifices they should use. I sat in complete shock and they turned to me and asked me if it was ok and I got up to leave and said "no." They got both gave me these looks like I'm being stupid and said "it's a joke, duh" and "relax, what a drama queen."

Do guys really think it's OK to make rape jokes about girls they like? Do they think it's appropriate? I mean, I knew they were joking around, but I was so disgusted and don't think I want any form of arelationship with the guy I used to like. Is it even worth it to talk to him about it, or should I consider him a lost cause?

What do you guys think?

thats kinda odd. ive used the word rape before when i was seeing some emo girl. shed say i might have to come over and rape you, id replay when ya goanna rape me...besides thats...nah not cool in my book of words.

Lost cause. You should have left immediately, just to be safe.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think it's disgusting that they could sit there and casually discuss how to rape you. I have a friend who was raped so I don't take rape jokes lightly! Why do people feel that rape is something they can joke about? Do we joke about domestic violence, child abuse or murder?! I'd say he's a lost cause (among other things)!!

tremolo Guest
    I'm not a male, but in my opinion, rape jokes are never EVER appropriate. Not only was it disgusting that they joked in detail about raping you, it's disgusting that they were talking at all in front of you about who they could use for oral sex. They sound like really gross people who are undeserving of your time.

not appropriate..setup your standards and set them high..

You should have left when they started talking about threesomes...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

my friends and I only joke about raping each other or getting raped lol

This is way, way out of line - alarm bells should be ringing real loud!

i dont think id be friend with them anymore

That's totally unacceptable. There's nothing funny about rape, and I don't believe they meant it totally as a joke... they just said that when you got upset.

First, I'm a guy. That was inappropriate and those 2 guys are utterly immature, possibly dangerous.

This is one of those instances where we guys deserve a slap across the face. Seriously, you should have just left. Who seriously talks like that?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Who seriously talks like that?
    evidently to dickbag tool friends who prob wanna hump the shit outta her and be ruff and tuff. if this was one of them we were drinking in my friends room deals i bet someones thoughts would of turned more into real moves.

If my friend made a "joke" like that about a girl I invite over, I would punch him in the face, lol.

You did the right thing. I wouldn't go near them again, if they can so casually talk about raping someone they might one day do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast