+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If someone has hurt you, how do you forgive them?

If someone has hurt you, how do you forgive them?

i'm new here.
    i won't explain my exact situation but i'll give a hypothetical one.
    say that there's a closest person to you, someone that means everything to you, someone that you need desperately in your life. they tell you about something they've done in the past, that you really don't like knowing they did, and it hurts you a great deal. however, they help you understand it was a long time ago and they'll never do it again. later, you find out they do that same thing again. it breaks your heart. they made a promise to you that they wouldn't do it, and they broke that promise. they lied. however they're truly sorry, they're miserable, etc.. now that you want to end the relationship with them. knowing that this person is extremely important to you and you love them, can you forgive them? how should you go about forgiving them? how do you rebuild trust again?
    please help.
    xoxo

Forgiving your loved one and continuing a relationship with them are two entirely separate things. In this case, I think you will only be able to forgive them once you are permanently separated. If they love you, they will understand your position, otherwise, you've got to do this for yourself.

I believe in second chances but not third, fourth, fifth, etc. Without knowing your exact situation it is hard to give advice but if trust has been broken on more than one occasion it is extremely difficult for the relationship to move on in a healthy manner. Not saying it is impossible though.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

thank you. after two long days of fighting we have made up. i forgave him.

Over/under on how long before she's back with the same problem anyone?

I love girls with low self-esteem, they make such good placeholders and they already feel like shit, so I don't have to feel bad about mistreating them.

They say it's easy to forgive but difficult to forget. Well, for me that notion might be true since I feel that most of the time. I can say there's nothing wrong if you still feel bad about a relationship with someone. Healing is a process, it takes time before you can fully say you have gotten over with it. Let's say ,cheating has occurred in your relationship and you have decided to continue the relationship even though that mistake happened. Yes, you can continue and still be together with your partner, but expect differences already. Differences like [URL="http://www.jealousy-in-relationships.net"]jealousy in relationships[/URL], lack of trust and being just insecure all the time. Your partner who committed the act of cheating should all understand that. It is the consequence of his actions done. [URL="http://www.jealousy-in-relationships.net/how-to-fix-a-relationship/how-to-fix-a-relationship"]How to fix a relationship[/URL]
    http://www.jealousy-in-relationships.net