+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Likes me but just wants to be friends.

Likes me but just wants to be friends.

So i met this guy on a date a few times just spending time by sea front and he says he likes me but because of his job not having strict hours the sme every week he doesnt want to be in a relationship where he keeps letting the girl down 24/7 which is understandable but then he said "u know just cause i want to be single doesnt mean i dont like you but doesnt mean id be happy if you dated other people cause id like to know that your only into me" again thats fair enough but i just dont get how someone can think they can tell me what to do when there not actually with me and refer to me as "a friend" which ofcorse i am.. but today he said to a mate "she aint my gf were just mates she knows thats all its going to be i like us as friends" im guessing either he is going off me slightly and finds it more comfy just stayin friends forever or do i hold back just incase hes waiting for time to pass? so confusing but cause i really like him i go back home on a downer mood cause i didnt get one of those nice hugs goodbye or that cosey hug whilst watchin a film.. someone help me get my head around this please

"u know just cause i want to be single doesnt mean i dont like you but doesnt mean id be happy if you dated other people cause id like to know that your only into me"
    What a piece of work he is. He doesn't want to be your boyfriend but he wants to restrict you like he is. Well, screw him. Cut all contact with him, he doesn't have the time for you and he obviously doesn't value you enough to make time for you. He want's you there when it suits HIM. if you have any girl ballzzz you'll tell him to go eff himself and the horse he rode in on.

Either he's all in or you're all out. That's what you need to tell him and then base your actions on his response by either being all in with him or all out like him.

Don't ever settle for being loyal and committed to someone who has told you that they don't want to be your boyfriend.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

hes stringing you along . It sounds like he has something hes waiting on and is keeping up there just incase it dosent work out.