+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never been in a relationship...

Never been in a relationship...

I'm a 17 year old guy and I've never had a girlfriend. I feel like the only person on the planet in this situation even though I know I'm not. Worst part is that I actually try, but my narrow social circle makes things hard for me. I go to an all boys school. It sucks.

Is/was anyone like me?
    Last edited by Marvin Gaye; 31-05-11 at 10:25 AM.

It it a boarding school?

Closed campus?

What's the deal here? Can you go places? If so, WIDEN your social circle. Find some interests, and pursue them, preferably interests that girls are into as well. That means don't sit at home and play video games with your friends, go out of the house/school and DO something.

tremolo Guest
    I just wrote you a long reply and it disappeared -

The long and short of it was:

I did not have my first kiss until 20, my first sexual experience until 22, my first boyfriend/intercourse until 26, or my first serious relationship until 27. I was a late bloomer, and I know firsthand what it's like to wonder when your time will come. It's horribly frustrating to have to wait like you are, but I think that waiting can be ultimately good.

You are in a unique situation being at an all-male school. When you leave, your world will open up immensely. I don't know anything about you, but I know that for me, there were things I needed to work on until I could find love or mutual attraction. I needed to improve my appearance, gain confidence, and learn how to interact with men. Once I did, the attention came in spades, and I didn't know what to do with it. I had dozens of guys literally throwing themselves at me, and I actually ended up making some bad choices because of that - and then I needed to work on myself again so that I could attract and maintain a serious relationship.

Right now, the best thing you can do for yourself is make yourself the very best version of you that you can be, and then you will be so ready when that right girl comes. And she definitely will.... you're still very young, OP!
    Last edited by tremolo; 31-05-11 at 10:34 AM.

Never having a gf at 17 is not that big of a deal. A lot of guys are in the same boat. 17 is still pretty young. When I was around that age, I wasn't all that interested in having a relationship. If you were in your mid twenties, then that's a different story.

Not a boarding school.

I'm a lot more outgoing than the person you described. I have a job, I work out, do community service, and I am out of the house whenever I can be. I sold all of my video game crap a long time ago. I definitely have my own interests, but most of them aren't very girl friendly. When I have the cash, I'll start photography, which could be a good outlet.

My friends are mostly single. Some of them are like me, a few aren't. It's hard to meet people through them and I usually have to fend for myself.

Just wait till you get to college my friend! Make sure you move away from home....do whatever it takes to live on campus

I'm 19, male and I've never kissed a girl or had sex. So I understand, I feel like shit about it at times too. I don't want to wait until I'm 30. I want to have fun at this age but also have commitment, I need to experience it in my young adult years in my opinion,.

You still young man..Don't worry...What you need to know is you must find yourself first. Try to be friend with other girls but remember don't be rush ok? They will know your are very desperate guy so they will turn off..whatever, just enjoy your life, find your own style, be friendly and sure all girl will keep attract with you...

That's not unusual.

You are young, and yes, you DO have your whole life ahead of you ... you haven't missed out on anything, so don't sweat it.

Don't let the knockbacks deter you, learn from them. Have confidence in yourself, enjoy yourself, get out there and the girls will take notice ;o)
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Come on! I only started dating at 18!! normal. take it easy. you are still SO young!

Hi, There is nothing like that to be so serious about it. You are just 17 and have lots of time before you to hang around with your girl friend. Don't be desperate. In fact, there are so many people who don't have girl or boy friends till this age because of their instrinsic nature hence you have to be some more extrinsic and apply go getter attitude. Be positive and approach a girl with confidence and you will see the things happen. Well, for the people like you there is a [URL="http://myboyisanidiot.com"]good choice[/URL] where other experienced people will help you a lot with their precious advices.

Cheers

Ugh... well it looks like I just blew another chance. Girl I was going after is now with this good looking french dude that looks like he's from an abercrombie catalog (nohomo) sooooo I'm gonna put my efforts elsewhere -__-
    Now I realize why we haven't spoken very much.

Ahh well, summer is coming up and the best thing to do is go balls out and have a good time I suppose.
    Last edited by Marvin Gaye; 01-06-11 at 08:44 AM.

Hey, I'm 23 and I've never had a serious relationship. I only just kissed a boy for the first time last year. Everyone experiences things at different times. 17 is still pretty young, so don't worry too much about it :)

I went to a private all-boys school when I was your age. Getting involved with women then was a mistake. But if you really wanna meet some girls, go to dances and other co-ed events sponsored by your school and private all-girl schools in the area. Otherwise, you could always meet girls at the mall.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 01-06-11 at 11:50 AM.