+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel trashy//How to be classy?

I feel trashy//How to be classy?

Hi! Basically my problem is that most of the time lately i have been feeling very trashy, i can't enjoy my life because of that, I feel i somehow ended up at the bottom of society and can't see any way out..
    I have been accepted into college, i wanna go into medicine, but now it's summer holidays, so i don't go to school, i found a summer job, cleaning position, i work at night, during the day i either sleep or go out with someone.
    Job: Everyone there, especially two managers, one of them is black the other one is muslim, <not that it matters i'm sure>, constatly talk about sex, make dirty jokes, pretty much all the time. Other people do that too to a lesser degree, but all of them smoke weed, some do coke, some have been to jail, in other words unfortunately they are all screwed up in some way.. Before, i had a different job, same thing there, (except no one has been to jail), same kinds of interests, same kinds of jokes all the time..
    Free time: Again drinking, weed is all we do for fun.. All my friends drink and smoke weed all the time..
    I'm not saying i'm good and everyone else is bad, i just personally want to change, i personally feel this lifestyle is not for me, if only because i have this feeling of guilt about what i'm doing with my life all the time..
    I know that that's not the kind of lifestyle every person my age leads (i'm20 btw). I know a girl who is only one year older than me, who is interested in fashion who organizes events for world famous celebrities, has her pictures with them and her articles with fashion adice from her in magazines, has been to new zealand and in couple of days is leaving for england forever because in one of the clubs she organized she met a professional british golfer. I know for a fact neither her nor the guy that she met have ever smoked weed, the guy has never even smoked cigarettes in his life, and they don't get drunk all the time, unless there's a real reason to throw a party either. And this girl graduated from the same college i'm gonna go to.. This is one example, there's more.
    But i personally don't even know how and where to start if i wanna change my life? Do you have any ideas about how i can make my life more productive and less trashy and more classy so to say??
    Thank You!

Hey hun you are only twenty so I am so glad your looking to get out of all this rubbish now. I am all up for trying things.. i myself have tried weed etc but i wouldnt never get really involved with it because I have seen what it can do to people. The people I know that do it fairly regularly have no ambition in life, waste majority of their money on drugs and alcohol. That was never the life I wanted to take. I myself am 21 and at university. I think its great that you want to change and make something of yourself! Do it! You can achieve whatever you want... but you need to get away from all those people that are involved with all that stuff... tnhey wioll only bring you down with them hun... its so true when they say that you become the company that you keep. You need to surround yourelf with people that are supportive, are motivated and going somewhere with their lives. Apply for the courses that you want and go to them. Leave your current life behind it isnt going to take you anywhere. You can always make new friends. I dont know what you wear or how you present yourself though but start looking after yourself physically getting your hair done, dress nicely and it will show in your personality as well. You will start to respect yourself more as well. Good luck feel free to message me at any time.