+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm into someone besides my girlfriend...

I'm into someone besides my girlfriend...

Alright well I am a 15 year old boy and my girlfriend is 15 also.

Now don't say "oh your too young for love" and all that stuff, I'm not in love.

I am extremely into my girlfriend, she's absolutely amazing, absolutely nothing wrong in our relationship... And recently I have been verrrrry attracted to one of my friends who's also a 15 year old girl. I seem to connect with her a lot better and she's also pretty amazing... But I don't want to leave my girlfriend and I'm just really confused

Any advice?

PS: I never would cheat! It's just getting hard not to flirt with the other girl and stuff

Go for the one that you think you'd have the most fun with. When you're young its really that simple.

If youre only 15, i wouldnt get too hung up on it. Chances are, 10 years from now, you wont even be in touch with them any more.

Have fun

Yeah you are 15 years old. You can have fun but don't break any hearts

Oooh, here's your first opportunity to learn a lesson that some people never learn. The lesson here is that attraction happens. Fact of the matter is for now you are spoken for and you should probably avoid this other chick as much as you can and focus on the girl you are with. If you can learn now to focus on the person you are with and let go of any other attractions now, you are less likely to have this problem occur again in the future. And one thing you will learn, is when you don't learn a lesson you'll be dumped in the same scenario over and over again. Well actually, maybe you won't learn that, a lot of people don't. It's something I have learnt and something I see happen to many other people regardless of whether they see the pattern themselves. My whole point is, take this opportunity to learn your lesson now. Avoid using your age as a cop out and treating your GF badly or dumping her for someone else. Focus on your gal and ignore the other interest.

this is what i've never experienced, but what i can tell you from listening to other stories of my friends:

when you're in a relation you still fall in love with other people.
    the key to staying in your relation is to have the character to ignore other feelings than the ones you have for your GF
    believe it or not, but she's experiencing the same feelings for others as you do (maybe not right now, but in time). so there you need loyalty from both sides or else there wouldn't be a relation

now you're only 15 years old so right now you should have fun

Thanks for all the advice everyone! It really helped me, I think I will just leave the other girl alone for now and just stay with my girlfriend. Thanks

Maybe it is just me, but what exactly does being boyfriend and girlfriend at 15 mean? In the US, you can't even drive at that age, so it is hanging out in the halls at school? Maybe getting a soda at the drug store on the way home? Holding hands at the school dance?

To me, most very young relationships are not much more than very good friendships. I think sometimes we want to grow up too fast and feel a need to get into a "relationship" when really we are just comfortable liking a lot of people and spending time with a lot of people.

Now, with that being said, there is no reason to avoid the other girl. Be friends with her. There is nothing wrong with that. You never know what will happen in the future.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Devon, personally, I lost my virginity at 15. Sure the relationships I had as a teenager were not the same as the ones I had in my 20's, they were still important. I still learnt from them. And to discount the high school relationship is to say that high school sweethearts will never last. My Aunt and Uncle met in their teens, over 30 years ago and are still together and have 5 kids. I had a work mate a few years ago that had only ever been with his wife. They too were high school sweet hearts.