+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the other end of no contact

the other end of no contact

im curious to see how you feel if you are the recipient of the no contact.

any input if you have broken up with someone and they have given you NC would be helpful

Me personally I hate it. It causes so much pain to know someone is actively not speaking to you. I can only hold NC on my end for about two or three weeks tops if I'm being very disciplined. Otherwise I have to take it a day at a time and every chance I get make a wish that they will break it soon.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

^so even if u dont necessarily want to be with that person anymore and u ended it.. u still feel sad that theyre not talking to u and want them to talk to u? thats interesting, cos ive only ever been the one doing the no contact, ive never been a recipient of it. I always assumed when i did no contact with a guy that he didnt care, even if they broke the NC.

Very Good Question??? I'm curious too.

I ended it with my ex four weeks ago and she has gone NC on me. I broke it after 3 weeks and she responded but she hasn't instigated anything at all and I don't expect that she will.

I don't want to be with her anymore and I ended it and yes at the begining I did struggle with not hearing from her.

I ended it because of what she did and I was right to end it but I'd be happy if she broke NC if only to apologise for what she did. I was in love with her when it ended and I didn't do anything wrong so it hurts a bit that she then cuts me dead but then to be fair I ended it so she owes me nothing, and on the flip side I'm actually glad that I don't hear from her because it has made it a lot easier for me to move on

it has made it a lot easier for me to move on
    And that right there is THE ONLY reason for no contact. You shouldn't be using it in hopes that it will get them back or anticipating that they will miss you and cave to some form of wantoness for you. Thinking that way is foolishness and detrimental to getting over the one that left you or you left.

You don't get to talk to someone in your life when they die and leave you so you should get out of the habit of expecting to be able to talk to someone who left you voluntarily as well. Consider them dead to you.

Too many people listened to that asshole internet guru jerk*** who said it was a strategy to get someone back and then it went viral to all the desperate and hurting people who were looking for some magic pill that would reunite them with the person that didn't want them in the first place.

... and that my fellow forumers is the truth.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-06-11 at 03:51 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I believe in NC if everything that needs to be said has been said, if for nothing else than to get things off your chest to them not to a bunch of people on the internet.
    "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain"

Emily Dickinson

NC is very hard and it hurts but it is a form of respect for yourself and for your ex. You have to be strong here, contacting your ex will only make moving-on a harder and slower process for both. When I am the one breaking up, I think really hard if I want to be with her or not, if I do want that constant contact, maybe I don't need to be breaking up with her. There are 6 billion people in the world and you have the potential to be friends with all or any of them, the potential to befriend 3 billion people of the opposite sex. Why would you want to seek so hard to befriend the one person with whom you have a proven history of it not working out very well.