+ Follow This Topic

Thread: promiscuous girl

promiscuous girl

Hello,
    I am in a 1.5 year long committed relationship (she just moved in with me) with a women 2 years older than me. I am 42. When we were in the "getting to know each other" phase, she frankly admitted to having multiple FWB for a 3 year period right before me. She was in a sexless marriage and was trying to stay friends with her hubby while satisfying her needs. She did eventually divorce him, and we met shortly after. We hit it off right away, and I took my time getting to know her and went much slower than any previous relationships. My only issue with her at the time was one FWB was pretty dam persistant with the texting for a few months, but she didn't reply and he eventually got the hint and stopped. Now fast forward a 1 1/2 years and we are in love and living together and spend most of our time together. She hasn't given any signs of cheating, etc. but its in the back of my mind at times that she could easily do this to me as well. I have a very high sex drive as does she, and we get along better than I ever have with any previous girlfriend and or marriage (I was married twice before). I definitely don't want to worry about it, and I know there is potential, I haven't let her know any of this and I always act confident and funny as usual around her. Do I have any cause for concern? My heart tells me to relax and just have a great time and be confident.

Thanks for any input

With the information you've provided, there is absolutely no indication that she is doing anything but enjoying you as much as you're enjoyhing her. So unless you can provide some evidence of red flag behaviour on her part, I can't understand why you're angsty? The only thing that would bug me is instead of texting the FWB back and telling him that she was in a committed relationship and he should leave her alone.. she just didn't answer him which leaves a door open at a later date. It was good she didn't reply but it would have been better if she shut him down. Ya know?

Anyway, You've had two other wives is there any reason why she should be having anxiety about you and them?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's all in your head, bro. Just forget about it. She just wanted a little fun after her shitty marriage. Don't expect her to be a saint.

She did initially reply (months ago) just friendly and that she was in a relationship with me and then that FWB would always bring up sex and she wouldn't respond. I agree that she should have "shut it down" but its not happening anymore so I guess its moot. It was my suggestion to ignore, in retrospect, I should have asked her to nip it in the bud, but hey I haven't dealt with anything like this before. I guess thats my only red flag other than she had multiple FWB and I am not too jazzed about that. I tend to date one woman at a time, but I understand people aren't all the same. I guess my question is: Can she be faithful/committed?

She would have no reason to have angst over my exes. I filed for divorce with both of them and have no intention of rekindling and that has been made clear to all.

I have no angst over her ex, just the FWB's. I agree its probably all in my head and she contends those FWB were nothing and she thinks I am the "one" etc.