+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Now he always thinks i am a lier

Now he always thinks i am a lier

Now he thinks i always lie

I know this guy, we had an online relationship/friendship, before i went to see him, i made up a story that another guy liked me, the reason i did it was to see if he get jealous, which he did and he told me to get rid of him, he kept asking about the guy online and i went with the story that i made up, when i went to see him, i told him that no such guy ever existed.

Right after i told him, he got mad and our friendship slowly went down the drain, after weeks of him not talking to me online, its only been 2 days since we are back as friends, but as i tell him what i am doing and seeing/friends here, he keeps bringing up the idea of my lie, which is in a way him telling me that i am making up these stories again.

I told him that i would never lie to him again and that was one time only and i know better, but somehow he is using and will use this against me, I think part of it to make me suffer, since he is good at that and playing games, and the other part could be that he does not trust a word i say anymore.

I apologized many times, i am tired of saying that i am sorry or trying to justify that people i am friends with here are real people.

What should i do, when he brings up the past again. Apparently he was hurt by my lie, but that was my mistake, i am sure he lied to me many times but i did not bother to investigate or cared to know.

Please let me know what to do, I do not want to start apologizing and saying that i will never lie to you, this will make him doubt me more thinking i lied again and i feel guilty. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hex View Post

I told him that i would never lie to him again and that was one time only and i know better, but somehow he is using and will use this against me, I think part of it to make me suffer, since he is good at that and playing games, and the other part could be that he does not trust a word i say anymore
    Alarm bells should be ringing, why do you want to see someone who is nasty and manipulative? You don't owe him any explanations about who you see or what you're doing, don't allow yourself to be bullied.

His behaviour is odd, ideally you should have nothing more to do with him if he's so controlling.

You need to give him an ultimatum, either accept your apology and drop the issue, or you'll cease contact with him. Otherwise he'll keep on throwing it in your face.

yes your right, he will keep throwing it in my face. I agree, it is 2nd day we are back as friends online, I am already exhusted, he feeds on people saying sorry and admiring him. I am starting to think twice about why i even asked him to be friends again. I was warned not to, stupid me. He is controlling to a point that i told him that i am breaking up with this woman, which is true, he said write what you want to her, send it to me and he will correct and add to it then pass it to her. I was shocked to hear this.

Also he is starting to control the way i write, telling me to ask a question in a proper format. WTF.

Oh the problem with lying is that they will always doubt what you would say, he's not your bf btw. But before you created the story, did u think of the result when he knows it was a lie? Trust is easy broken, and once broken, you can't take it back, stop the friendship then.