+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do YOU get your mind of your ex?

How do YOU get your mind of your ex?

Mine is running. I was off it 27 days for surgery and I just got back today. First 5k since then, 33:36 (ya I know awful time but I had to take it easy). I'm telling you I feel FAR better than I did before I got at it. It gets the blood moving, the endorphins flowing and helps me come to terms with where I am in life.

How do you get your mind of your ex?

I stop thinking about an ex by becoming very busy. I spend extra time at work catching up on projects. I work out more often at the gym. I get together with friends that I haven't seen recently, and spend extra time with the friends that I have seen recently. I call old friends and family and get back in touch. Watch comedies on dvd. Go to the library and check out some books. Spend more time playing with my cat. Surf the net. Do some retail therapy at the mall. Eventually, I start going out and dating again.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

tremolo Guest
    When I'm really a basketcase, I go to the gym and work out until I'm so tired I don't have any energy to waste thinking about him anymore. On better days, I get dressed to kill and go out to amuse myself. I always end up meeting people and feeling better about being on my own.

I made some music videos...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    get busy. my friends took me out, kept me laughing busy, drunk, dancing... just keeping me busy! (and not by sitting down for coffee talking about love and lost loves.)

Cooking and baking help keep my mind busy. Being alone at night is the tough time. Wondering all of the what if's.

I am a train wreck. I go out drinking, hit on any girl that even shoots me a glance, and go on dates with girls I am not even remotely interested in just because they want to go out with me and then I pursue girls that I do like even though they are totally wrong for me.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 98db View Post
    I am a train wreck. I go out drinking, hit on any girl that even shoots me a glance, and go on dates with girls I am not even remotely interested in just because they want to go out with me and then I pursue girls that I do like even though they are totally wrong for me.
    At least you're finding other people to focus your attention on. After a breakup, I will go out with men who are terrible boyfriend material, simply because they're fun and nice to look at and they make me forget about my ex. I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as no one is getting led on.

Masturbation and alcohol

My business took off the month I kicked out my ex. I put all my energy and time into work. Unlike a stupid relationship, there was a reward at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Masturbation and alcohol
    I sense you do that often