+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I kiss him or what?

Should I kiss him or what?

Short story:
    I've been friends with this guy for 3 years. I'm in love with him, and he doesn't know. He's leaving for the army when the summer is over. I really want to kiss him, the last time I'll see him before he leaves.
    Should I do it, or not?

Long story:
    In a few days, I'm graduating from High School. And there's this guy, that I've been going to all the same classes with, during the last three years. And we've become pretty good friends during this time. We're in the same group of friends actually.
    The thing is...I'm in love with him. And I've been since day 1.
    I knew it from the first time we met, that he's got something special. I love him.
    But I've been too scared to do anything about it. I've been flirting with him at parties, and he knows that I think he's handsome. But I've been scared to take it further. Afraid of ruin our friendship, making it awkward between us. You get the point..
    But those 3 years has gone so fast, and now the adventure is over.
    I won't be able to see him every day anymore.
    We'll probably meet during the summer, but when summer is over, he's going to the army for a year.
    I'm thinking of maybe giving him a good bye kiss the last time I'll see him before he leaves. A real kiss. It would mean the world to me. Just to feel his lips against mine, just one time.
    I might regret it if I don't do it.
    And I might regret it if I do.. It could mess up everything, right?
    What should I do?

I should mention that he's moving back to the city after the army, and we're both going to college here, so we'll still have contact after he has been in the army

of course you should phone him right now! and tell him to meet up and tell him how you feel ... quick!

I think I will wait till the summer is over.. But I'm still not sure if I'm going to at all.
    I could really use more people's opinions here..=)

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I think I will wait till the summer is over.. But I'm still not sure if I'm going to at all.
    I could really use more people's opinions here..=)
    Kiss him. The sooner the better.

Don't worry about "messing up the friendship". If he's not into it, he'll tell you he doesn't want a relationship or he will tell you that he doesn't want to mess up the friendship. If that's the case, simply agree with him and tell him he is right. As long as you don't act weird and let it bother you, neither will he.

If you don't kiss him it will be one of your worst decisions ever.

Youth is wasted on the wrong people!!!!

I wouldn't just haul off and kiss him...

but I'd sit down somewhere quiet and have a serious talk with him about it. It could be that he feels the same way, and he'll want to kiss you, or it could be that he doesn't feel that way, and won't feel put off by your trying to kiss him when he didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I wouldn't just haul off and kiss him...

but I'd sit down somewhere quiet and have a serious talk with him about it. It could be that he feels the same way, and he'll want to kiss you, or it could be that he doesn't feel that way, and won't feel put off by your trying to kiss him when he didn't want it.
    BORING!!!!!

Kiss the guy

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    BORING!!!!!

Kiss the guy
    Exactly! He's not going to be any more put off by you trying to kiss him than he is if you tell him how you feel.

The fact is, either one will get you where you need to be, so do the one that is most comfortable to you.

Thanks for answering! but ahh, i'm just so scared..

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Thanks for answering! but ahh, i'm just so scared..
    Kiss him now and maybe you'll get to kiss him more before he leaves.

Don't be a chicken, chicken!

Fear is our biggest enemy. Succesful people push through that shit! That's what separates them from all the rest of us.

You are right.
    You know..At this moment, I say to myself that I'm really going to kiss him, but I'm not sure if I trust myself enough about that. At the end I might just shy away.. I always do that. I'm a coward and I'm scared of taking chances. Scared of rejection. I hate myself for that. But I guess I just have to stop being such an idiot. No one can really help me with that. It's just up to me..
    And I'm gonna do it. I'm going to stop being so scared of everything, and just push through.

Hey I used to be in a situation nearly the same and I will tell you go for it or u will regret it for a very long time. Just meet him and say you want to talk with him. kiss him and then tell him how you feel. Ok
    Good luck