+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heart or Smart?

Heart or Smart?

A very serious question... assume the guy is a decent looking guy, not ugly and not the best loooking... So...

Do girls prefer to have your boyfriend/husband SMART and RICH? So he wont embarrass u in front of your friends and family?

Or just SMART so your child wouldnt be dumb in the future?

Or would u just go for someone that TRUELY loves you and will do anything for u? however his not that smart and english is not the greatest (his not poor either, works as a network engineer as a career.)

ps. i'm asking this because my ex cant be back with me because she's concerned about her future child.. i have nothing to say... she blames that i have bad genes and my english is poor...
    Last edited by visualize112; 13-06-11 at 05:43 PM.

With an attitude like that I doubt your ex will find anyone 'good enough' for her darling future child. Don't torture yourself with this you are ok how you are. IMO it is kindess that is most important in passing on to children and if you have that in spades you will do ok.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Shes a c*nt looks mean very little when it cimes to love in the end

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well she sounds like a shallow human being.

I don't like dumb men, but I don't think that you not speaking perfect english is any indicator of your intelligence. When she says you have bad genes, does she mean you're not attractive? She's worried about having an ugly child?? I've seen some really hideous people make beautiful babies.

I wouldn't worry about this too much, this girl sounds like a giant pain in the ass. Not someone you want a serious realtionship with.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

My situation does not really compare because first off I'm never having children. While my family is very intelligent my physical health is crap from a genetic disorder, I take a bunch of pills that would not be safe with pregnancy and I don't want to stop them, and I have absolutely no desire to go through pregnancy and labor. I was somewhat willing to adopt or accept kids from a different marriage since I was not finding guys my age who never wanted kids but then I found my husband who got a vasectomy the month before the wedding. He had resigned himself to the same fate of having a child for the other person's sake because he couldn't find any women who didn't want kids so it was a relief to find each other. Every time children cross my mind he just buys me another puppy and problem solved.

I also don't give a crap what my family thinks of my relationships. That only leaves getting in a relationship for the quality of the relationship itself. How well we get along, how good of friend they are, how much fun the sex is, and that they don't annoy me constantly cause I'm rather antisocial and depending on personality sometimes just people's existence in what I see as my space (my house and land and any place I have hobbies) annoys me.