+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I have been to full on with my new girlfriend.

I think I have been to full on with my new girlfriend.

I have been seeing this girl now for about just over 6 weeks we are now boyfriend and girlfriend. We both have are own problems to deail with which is hard for both of us and. She has now moved 1 and a half hours away which is going to make it very hard to get to see each other. I had been out of the dating game for sometime until I met this girl and forgot how hard it is to undrrstand girls and hopw hard and confusing dating can be at times. Anyway I have have a lot of good things taken away from me and and alway scared that it will happen again to me. So I did waht to thought any nice guy should do and that is treat my girlfriend like a princess and let her how much she means to me. I find out that she has been treated badly by past boyfriends and wants to take things slowly. I than got upset that she had moved 1 and a half hours away and that she had to spend the weekend to sort her self out and that she did want to hang out with me. So I sent her a text on Saturday to ask if her wants to go to the zoo or walk in the park or the cinema and got no reply. Anyway I think I have been abit to full on with her as frightend of losing her and I should realze that she just might been her space frokm time to time as she said that I am different to any other bloke she has been with and she likes it. I am now busy this week well I might see her tonight. I now think that I need to give her move space when she needs it and not think that she is going to leave me and wander why she dose not always reply to my texts. I just need to calm down and slow it down abit and then when we meet up again it should be great cos we have not seen each other every day.

Good for her for realizing she is not ready to be in a relationship until she has dealt with the issues that caused her to be with a guy who abused her.

In the meantime, you'd be better to find a girl who is actually ready for a relationship.

relax and give it some time, no matter how hard that may be.

You very well could have scared her off with being so angry about her moving away. It isn't like she did it to get away from you.

And your own insecurities are what are making you not respect her needs for time and privacy. Focus on yourself, your confidence, and try not to be so needy in the future.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!