+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED a girlfriend??? Why?

NEED a girlfriend??? Why?

I allready know I'm gonna regret making this topic, but what the hell:

A couple of days ago I was talking to a buddy of mine. At some point he said "we need to get you a girlfriend mate"
    My response ("Why") left him a little puzzled. He wasn't really able to give a good answer...we kept going back and forth a little bit, but he couldn't give me an answer.
    I've been single all my life but I'm not lonely (on of the answers he gave).

Is it just a socially accepted standard to be together with someone? My friend made it sound like there's something wrong with being single.
    I'm not looking for a relationship. I guess I'm curious as to what it is, but I won't go out of my way to find one..

Should I?
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

He probably just means that you need to get laid

Seriously though, you'll be hearing that stuff your whole life. You need a girlfriend. You need to get married. You need to have kids. What you REALLY need to do is whatever makes you happy. Don't listen to the shmucks who think that you NEED to do what's considered "normal" by society. Normal is boring!

He probably just means that you need to get laid
    There's that word again

Seriously though, you'll be hearing that stuff your whole life. You need a girlfriend. You need to get married. You need to have kids. What you REALLY need to do is whatever makes you happy.
    I Allready do this
    But it seems some people think I cannot possibly be happy like this.

Don't listen to the shmucks who think that you NEED to do what's considered "normal" by society. Normal is boring!
    Boring is good. I like boring
    It's predictable
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Sex is generally considered superior to masturbation.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Sex is generally considered superior to masturbation.
    Piloting an F-16 is also considered superior to riding a motorcycle...yet I am perfectly happy with my bike

It's not like you're stuck with jackin off just cause you don't have a girlfriend! Go find a nice easy chick and pilot your F-16!

No...Never...
    I do have standards. I don't believe in sex without love

Whatever floats your boat dude! However humans are hardwired to find mates and ****. True fact: 80% of all serial killers and rapist were men who were not getting laid....

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Whatever floats your boat dude! However humans are hardwired to find mates and ****. True fact: 80% of all serial killers and rapist were men who were not getting laid....
    I know they are.
    And I am curious as to what a relation is. What sex is. What love is. But I can't say I HAVE to pursue this. It's not a goal for me.

And my point is that people tell me I NEED to be in a relationship.
    You're saying that if I don't, there's a good chance, I will become a serial killer? (I know you're not, but my question of "why" remains)

Who gets a girlfriend just cause their friend says they need one anyway?
    He probably just said it because you were doing something lame - as something to alternatively direct your time/attention at.
    If you don't feel like you want/need a girlfriend then don't get one. It's your life. Probably save yourself a whole bunch of stress with girls like me !

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    I know they are.
    And I am curious as to what a relation is. What sex is. What love is. But I can't say I HAVE to pursue this. It's not a goal for me.

And my point is that people tell me I NEED to be in a relationship.
    You're saying that if I don't, there's a good chance, I will become a serial killer? (I know you're not, but my question of "why" remains)

Dont know.....maybe your friends and people around you think youre kinda of weird.....maybe serial killers weird! Thats why they say you should get a girl. Its up to you though....dont fall in love if you dont want to. I myself would die without it.
    Last edited by surfhb; 14-06-11 at 07:05 AM.

So you've never had a girlfriend?

Ever kissed?

Ever had sex?

Once you have tried these, then you know that actually having a girlfriend is something that you will want at some point ...

Like someone who has never tried chocolate before ... how do you know what you are missing if you've never tried it? And once you do, you crave it, and want it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Like someone who has never tried chocolate before ... how do you know what you are missing if you've never tried it? And once you do, you crave it, and want it.
    I should have never had chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    So you've never had a girlfriend?
    True
    Ever kissed?
    Depends...I've been on a few "dates" with someone who is very special to me. Afterwards we kissed goodbye.
    I guess you can say such a kiss is far from exciting, but I'm counting it

Ever had sex?
    Nope

Once you have tried these, then you know that actually having a girlfriend is something that you will want at some point ...

True, what's you're point?

To use my F-16 analogy again: I've never flown in one. And I think that once I have, I'd want to do it again. And again...etc
    But I've long ago accepted that's not going to happen and I'm quite happy with both my feet on the ground.

I cannot MISS, what I do not know. Missing something is longing back to it. I've got nothing to long back for

My whole point was: "do I NEED a girlfriend?"
    I wanted to know if my unusual view on this, could be -in some weird way- bad for me.

But sofar the best I've gotten here is "Well...if you don't, there is a slight chance you might start murdering people"
    Last edited by MetalPhoenix; 14-06-11 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Who gets a girlfriend just cause their friend says they need one anyway?
    He probably just said it because you were doing something lame - as something to alternatively direct your time/attention at.
    If you don't feel like you want/need a girlfriend then don't get one. It's your life. Probably save yourself a whole bunch of stress with girls like me !
    We were talking about a musicfestival we are going to next week. He said he and his girlfriend were also going to be there.
    Then he made the initial remark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast