+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help Shes sending Mixed Signals!

Need help Shes sending Mixed Signals!

Hey all im new here so i hope i can get help and give help in due time.

Ok quick background about this girl.
    I used to talk to this girl in High school. She asked me to date her when me and my ex broke up and then got back together(ex cheated on me, we took a 3 month break and decided to try it out again). This girl didnt talk to me anymore because i got back with my ex. We havent spoken in 5 years.

Not to Modern Times lol
    Ok so im single now, she wasnt this was like 6 months ago. I saw her somewhere and she was all happy and nervous around me. I told her to give me a call she never did bc she had a BF, So i understand completely.

Now about 1 month ago i sent her a Facebook message, and at the end i gave her my number and she texted me literally 2 mins later. We talked for a few days and she told me she was single (he didnt want to commit to her and broke up like 3 months ago). I text her the next day and ask her to lunch. She accepts and we got to lunch that weekend.

At Lunch he had a fun time at first it felt like friends but then felt like a date, She bought me a stuffed animal for my car. I told her i used to like her a lot, and i apologized for not taking her up on her offer when i was in High school. She smiled and said to me "you used to like me"? And i said yeah and then quickly changed the subject. At this Point she was still upset about her ex because she kept bringing him up in convos and what not. The lunch ends i take her home and she tells me she had a lot of fun and wants to hang again. Cool ^_^

She invite me to her B-day party in NYC, things are going great, shes talking to me a lot... my friends tells me she seems very interested. She gets drunk and starts hitting me and dancing with me, then shows me tattoo but getting close to me lifting up her skirt and lowering her underwear a little. We laugh it off and she starts getting very Physical and rubbing on me and what not. The nights going well and it starts to rain... She told me she had a hotel room and that i could sleep on the floor. I told her cool. As i say my good byes she tells me shes very happy i came and that she wants to hang with me this week coming up! Now as we leave the bar she gives her phone number to some random guy because her godmother was playing cupid.

I get mad and decide to walk home i was tipsy and didnt drive. I was ready to never talk to her again, She then sends me a text and tell me she was embarrassed and that shes not normally like that, and she doesnt really remember last night after a certain point, BUT she remembered giving her number out when i asked her. She got quiet and changed the subject.

Ok So we make plans for dinner just me and her for tomorrow (Thursday). Mid week she changes it from a restaurant to a bar and starts inviting her Female Friends....

So what do i do? Im so confused! Does she like me? She see me as a friend only? Should i just tell her how i feel, that im interested in her and want to date her.

PS, im 24 she just turned 24, we both done with college and have jobs, Shes Not loose what so ever, always been a BF type of girl.

Thank you all for the long read and time for the help Thank you again ladies!

really no one has any advice?

Seems like everything was going well until you got mad that she gave her phone number to someone. You know you have no business being mad about that, right? She didn't do anything wrong. If I was in her shoes, I'd probably be done with you after that. Canceling that date with you is a pretty good sign that she's not interested anymore.

Don't tell her how you feel. Just ask her out on another date. If she says no, move on.

Yes i got mad but i didnt show her i was mad nor did i say anything about it. So it totally ok to invite someone your interested in to your party then give your number to someone else... Sigh i know if the shoe was on the other foot a woman would never live it down.

You do know that girls do give numbers away as a way of being polite, right? It doesn't mean they like that person. It did sounded like she likes you in the beginning, she even bought you a stuff animal. I don't know, maybe she's starting to change her mind... but I wouldn't say it's over, you still have a shot.

i actually never though of it that way... maybe she was being polite. Kind of makes sense... Ty i think i can get some more understand out of me and her meet up tomorrow.

It was supposed to be today but she didnt feel well and had to rain check it for tomorrow... She told me she really wanted to hang out tonight, and that she really wanted to show me this places 1$ wing and 5$ pitcher, and that we will explore it tomorrow ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by soccio42 View Post
    Yes i got mad but i didnt show her i was mad nor did i say anything about it.
    But you did say something about it. You asked her later if she remembered giving out her phone number. And then "she got quiet and changed the subject." Also, you either left her party without saying goodbye, or you said goodbye while angry, which she probably picked up on. I'm not sure why you're totally dismissing the idea that your behavior is the reason she might not be interested anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by soccio42 View Post
    So it totally ok to invite someone your interested in to your party then give your number to someone else...
    Well, yeah. What is wrong with that? If she were your girlfriend or you two were on a date, then you might have an argument as to why it's not okay. But you were just a guest at her birthday party, and you had only gone on a few casual dates. She can give her number to whoever she wants. It's not something you should get mad about.

But if that's a dealbreaker for you, then fine. Don't go after her. I think your bitterness about this is unreasonable, though. If you want to keep pursuing her, then forget about it and ask her out again. And stop being so jealous.