+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it too soon, and how do I tell if she even likes me?

Is it too soon, and how do I tell if she even likes me?

Hi all, I really need some help with this one. A little while ago I was visiting my hometown and at some even I saw this girl. She was just stunning, like I've never known before. I didn't talk to her that day but over the next few weeks I couldn't forget her. So I did some digging and found that we are actually connected through a friend of a friend.

So, long story short, as I live about 200 miles away from my hometown there was no way I'd meet her again but I managed to speak to her online (twitter). I didn't mention anything about seeing her, I just made out like I was adding random/interesting looking people and occasionally we'd have short conversations about pretty much anything.

Now, a year later, I am actually moving back to my hometown. The event I saw her at is an annual thing so this time I went and we actually talked in person. It was great and we got along well, though it was also a bit awkward and we didn't talk for a long time.

A couple of weeks after that I was there again, moving some things back and I posted a message online asking if anyone was free to meet up for coffee (hoping she may offer). She did offer, and we met again for a few hours. That was also great and we got to know each other a little better.

But that brings us up to date. Now, I'll be moving some things back next week and I was going to contact her and ask if she would like to do the same thing again, or something similar. It would be the same day as last time, so exactly a week since we last met. I don't know if that is too soon and I will look needy/clingy/obsessive or something though. I'm aware this thing is very fragile, because we've really only met twice, and I don't want to break it before it even got started.

To be totally honest, I don't know what's up with me. I've never been like this over someone before and I don't know how you can really be like that with someone you've only met twice. I'm really trying not to get carried away though, but I can't tell if I'm overthinking it because I don't want to appear to be smothering or if it would be fine to ask her again after such a short time.

I'm also wondering if there is any advice I can get on how to tell if she does like me or not. I thought there was likely to be at least something there, otherwise why would meet a guy you'd spoken to online and met once for a drink? But then after getting to know her a bit more she does seem the type who is very open to new friends, so I just can't tell. Are there any subtle things I can do/ask and gauge by her response?

Please help.

Another meetup a week later isn't going to make you look clingy or whatever. A week is fine. But can I suggest that you ask her out for dinner (or another obvious date activity) instead of the more friendly coffee meetup? If you keep acting like just a friend, then she'll keep treating you like one.

I completely agree with MerryH here. If you are interested in dating her, make it more of a date offer. And she is right that a week will not seem clingy or whatever.

Take a shot and be confident!

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!