+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being infatuated with celebritys...

Being infatuated with celebritys...

Hello everyone..I am desperate for help. The last girl I was with was about 8 months ago. Since I lost her, I have been so lonely. I have gotten over her, but a new problem has arisen. I don't know if this is common but In the span of these 8 months I have developed three different crushes on three different celebrity's. I don't consider this a normal crush either. I have honestly shed tears over them because it hurts so much thinking about them, and knowing that being with them is virtually impossible. For example, I recently watched a movie, and I started crushing on one of the actresses, and now all I do is envision my life being that movie. Being within that movie, and being with that person. Being with her, and loving her and having her be mine. Call me a loser, or a hopeless romantic, I understand but I can't fight against these emotions. They have consumed me and I honestly would give my life just to be with them right now. My last crush was Kristen Stewart, but now its somebody else. I know it's probably unhealthy but I can't help feeling this way and I wish I could escape my reality and join theirs..Every night I lay in bed and cry and wish that life could be better for me. I wish that things I desire would be attainable somehow. How can I end this suffering..?
    Last edited by xhayatox; 17-06-11 at 09:31 AM.

tremolo Guest
    Please tell me you're still in your teens.

My philosophy is that the hearts deepest desires are not measured by one's age.. But by ones heart.

tremolo Guest
    Please realize that celebrities are constructs... what you see is generally *not* what you get.

tremolo Guest
    You are infatuated with an idea and an image - NOT a real person.

I think on an unconscious level I am aware of that fact, but on the surface I just don't want to believe that idea. It just feels so agonizing. I am probably being really silly, and truthfully if it was up to me I wouldn't feel this way. I have never felt this way about a celebrity or any famous idols. I have never given a damn about them but the lack of love interest in my life has made me resort to this.. I can't help the way I feel and I just wish there was something I could do. But unfortunately I just have to endure this pain and torment and have to accept it. Its truly difficult because I have so much going on already and this is just overwhelming me..I truly wish that I could just be with them. I know in reality we can't be together so I close my eyes and shes mine forever..

tremolo Guest
    I used to get starstruck like you... maybe not to the extent you described, but I lived in a little fantasy world for a long time. Then I actually ended up dating a couple minor celebrities and became disenchanted with the whole thing rather quickly. So, I know what you're feeling... I've been there myself. You just need to realize that this fantasy is exactly that - a fantasy. I would recommend that, for a time, you stop watching movies with enchanting females, and get out in the real world. Meet some real women and try to nurture some real relationships. There's no substitute for that.

You're like a guy who's turning gay cause he's stuck in prison and needs affection. I have a crush on my local weather woman and some girl that sells carpets and flooring but there's no emotion behind it.

Get yourself out there man! Plenty of real affection to be had if you're willing to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Then I actually ended up dating a couple minor celebrities
    Anyone I know?

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    Anyone I know?
    Hmmm, maybe!

Google that actresses name + "without makeup."
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

How can I end this suffering..?
    With extensive therapy. Seriously.. get yourself to your family physcian who will be able to give you a referal to a good psychologist.

Google that actresses name + "without makeup."
    haha... no kidding eh.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

tremolo Guest
    I don't know that you need therapy... you just need to stop wallowing in your fantasies and get out in the real world. If you need to, read some books on how to meet women. There are a lot of beautiful, interesting women out there... probably a lot more beautiful and interesting than the actresses you're pining after. Try to realize that the actress does NOT equal the character. Strip away the makeup and the role she's playing... you'll just find a really normal person underneath all that. Probably not nearly as interesting as you imagined.

You are indulging in fantasy because you are lonely. That is normal, but you have to realize that it is fantasy and not let it get the better of you. Don't stop yourself from living in the real world, with real people.

Keep yourself focused and understand that it is okay to crush on people or even characters, but that doesn't make it love.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have that with Robert Downey Jr and not ashamed to admit it. of course i don't cry over him lol
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast