+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A lessona about puppies. . .

A lessona about puppies. . .

If you've been seeing someone a short time and haven't made any commitments, and they buy a puppy. . .

Leave them, all the attention they should be putting into the early relationship to get it off the ground will disappear. And just forget sex/sleeping over, the puppy is like a baby that just won't give you a second alone.

If you're not living together you'll slowly be pushed out and dumped for silly reasons like "I don't have time for a relationship right now".

I've seen this happen twice in my immediate circle of friends, and once to me.

Cerby it may make you feel better to blame the puppy but please just accept the fact it didn't work out and move on. You put your heart and soul into that relationship and she didn't, so why are you still clinging to her for dear life?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep. I know only one couple that took a puppy at the beginning of their relationship. And they stayed together . And the dog died and they are still together. And now they have another dog ... See? If you can't find a good reason, then a puppy becomes the reason .
    I wazzzz here

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    And just forget sex/sleeping over, the puppy is like a baby that just won't give you a second alone.
    This is very untrue.

Depends on where the couple is at. If they are living together and get a puppy, the puppy is like their practice child.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel terrible for a couple of friends who are getting a puppy. She has NO CLUE what she's getting into. The doggie mom is a small terrier, so she thinks she's getting a small terrier. The doggie dadda is unknown the puppy looks like it has sheppard or rotti in it. I think it's a med- large dog not a small dog like they think.

They both also work full time... enjoy being selfish carefree spontaneous people. Well bye bye that life! I think they're doing it because our friends got a dog and we just took in a dog but our dogs are either older (ours 14, theirs 3year) and already potty trained. Theirs is a puppy and it's a huge difference. I'm scared for them, they don't have any idea what they're getting into :S

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I feel terrible for a couple of friends who are getting a puppy. She has NO CLUE what she's getting into. The doggie mom is a small terrier, so she thinks she's getting a small terrier. The doggie dadda is unknown the puppy looks like it has sheppard or rotti in it. I think it's a med- large dog not a small dog like they think.

They both also work full time... enjoy being selfish carefree spontaneous people. Well bye bye that life! I think they're doing it because our friends got a dog and we just took in a dog but our dogs are either older (ours 14, theirs 3year) and already potty trained. Theirs is a puppy and it's a huge difference. I'm scared for them, they don't have any idea what they're getting into :S
    Wtf? Seriously ?
    I wazzzz here

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yep, it'll be a HUGE wakeup call for them...

heh, it just made me feel good to write the post. But I'm well into moving on, it was a short relationship and its been a week since we last saw each other. I'm already sleeping full nights and back to normal life. I'll take some me time for a bit to get things in order and be back out in the field in no time.