+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I in the wrong? or is he?

Am I in the wrong? or is he?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 5 months, and we have gotten to the point where we are in "love".
    I understand he has commitment issues (not cheating, but making himself available to me, making sure I'm happy.)

Right now, I am not exactly the happiest girl in the world. I have only one friend, and I feel she neglects me... Which is making me really unhappy, and reliant on my boyfriend... I'm not proud of this.

In the summer, I shall be going with my best friend, to spain for seven days. I have never been away from my boyfriend for a whole week, and right now, I am scared to be alone and I feel I am boarderline depressed. He has chosen to go to a festival, for three days, straight after my holiday. Leaving me with 10 days without him.
    I can't see my friend, because she'll be with her boyfriend.
    I am in such a state at the moment, and that has just really driven me down to a bad point.

Is it wrong he cannot see how upset I am feeling currently, and he refuses to not go...
    He tells me "I wouldn't go for anyone", and my excuse was that "im not just anyone" and he says "well if anyone was my girlfriend" and I replied with "they're not".
    I'm also younger than him by two years. And every time we argue. It's my age causing the problem.

Am I in the wrong by being upset, or is he in the wrong for not understanding my currently situation and making sacrifices to attempt to make me happy? I just want to know so I can change it, depending on other peoples views.

You are being too needy. You're not going to die if you don't see him for 10 days. Your boyfriend is in the right.

I don't understand why you would want him to sacrifice his trip. Why is your trip more important than his? Why should he stay home when you get to go out?

If you can't stand not to be around him for a whole ten days, then cancel your trip. Then you'll only have to live without him for three days. Problem solved.

You have to let him have a life of his own or he will start to bitterly resent you. It's reasonable for him to take a trip somewhere for three days, that isn't that long a period of time.

How come you find it hard to make friends?

You need to sort the issues out with YOU and stop using your boyfriend as your security blanket. As stated already you will push him away if you're clingy and needy, which is exactly what you're being.
    Find your self confidence, become more sociable and less dependant on him.

You don't need your boyfriend to make you happy, you need you to make you happy.

You are leaning too me much on a man. You are setting yourself up for a world of hurt and I do not think you will learn till something happens and I am not judging you as I gone through same thing!

Why should your boyfriend need to make you happy about this? Shouldn't you be happy if he's happy? You're the one going away for 7 days - your choice...he's happy for you and going to do his own thing, but you want him to cancel that? A relationship is about giving and taking, and you seem to want to take more than you want to give...thats not a relationship. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're wrong. Why on earth are you allowed to leave him for SEVEN days and he can't leave you for THREE. Doesn't matter it's back to back to make it 10.

You're being way, way, way too needy. As cliche as this is: get a life. Go out, make new friends, enjoy some hobbies anything that means you're not attached at his hip it's healthy.

Am I in the wrong by being upset, or is he in the wrong for not understanding my currently situation and making sacrifices to attempt to make me happy? I just want to know so I can change it, depending on other peoples views.
    My dear, you need to find your own happiness and stop relying on your boyfriend to be your everything. That's way to much pressure on one person to make two people happy all of the time.

Before you go to Spain, make a promise to yourself and this board and start a hobby or a class or join a sports team that will allow you to meet new people. I'm sure there is something you've always wanted to do but have never done it. Pick something and make your own fun independently of your boyfriend. When you are happy with yourself then you will not be so upset and angst ridden when you bf isn't with you. You will miss him more in a normal fashion but you won't consider him being gone a "dilemma" and you won't play these "am I right or is he right" games with yourself.

A boyfriend should enhance an already happy you... Not make a sad you, happy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope my son never dates a girl this needy
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 10 days apart is not so bad. U have ur own life and so does he. During your trip, try to contact him and also during his trip. When u get back together, it would be lovely