+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilemma

Dilemma

Hi, this is my first post so bear with me!

So my dilemma is: I really like this girl but she has made it quite clear she only wants to be mates! Ive just had a phone call off my mate(who knows i like this girl) saying that she has told him she likes him and that he likes her, and was going to see how things go, and was wondering if i was ok with this??

In all honesty i'm not, but i do realise i will never be with this girl but feel more betrayed by him for doing this!

Am i just been selfish, and should i just be happy for them both??

Cheers for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by honedog View Post
    Hi, this is my first post so bear with me!

So my dilemma is: I really like this girl but she has made it quite clear she only wants to be mates! Ive just had a phone call off my mate(who knows i like this girl) saying that she has told him she likes him and that he likes her, and was going to see how things go, and was wondering if i was ok with this??

In all honesty i'm not, but i do realise i will never be with this girl but feel more betrayed by him for doing this!

Am i just been selfish, and should i just be happy for them both??

Cheers for any advice
    Pfffft! Be happy for them. She told you she's only interested in being a friend with you so it's not like you have a mutual physical attraction. You certainly don't want her if she doesn't want to jump your bones every chance she can, do you? .. I think not.

Time to find your own sweet thang and then you can double date with your two good friends
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You are following your emotions, good, but we have to use our head. You cannot make claims or feel so on a someone who is not remotely your girlfriend. She has been nice by telling you honestly where you stand. There is a sea of fish out there for you, go get them.

No need to feel betrayed by your friend. You don't own this girl. She is free to go out with whomever she wants. If she wants to go out with your mate, be happy for them. And look for other potential dating partners for yourself.

Deep breaths...

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

sometimes it's very painful and hard but U should b happy for them. U love her and that guy is your good friend so I don't see why u can't feel good for them . Forget about this girl and move on so U won' lose your 2 good friends ok. Concentrate on your work, hobby and the right girl for you would come soon.
    Good luck :d

its good that your friend follows the code most of my friends dont but if he is ur friend you should want him to be happy not eather go behind ur back and do it or spite you for saying no

If he knew you like her, then he did betray you in a way. Tell him you feel this way and be honest, but don't stand in the way of their relationship. Don't lose your friendship with both of them for a crush. Move on. You'll find someone else.