+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just need a second opionion on whats going on

just need a second opionion on whats going on

Hey guys, so I use to post here a lot about my now X girlfriend (which I guess shows that things werent ever working out too well... but anyways)

A little over a month ago we were trying the "just friends" thing, not including hooking up or anything, but "just friends" to keep it not awkward at school. Well, this didnt work out too well considering I still had feelings for her and I wanted more then just friends. So we ended up getting in a little fight and we stopped talking completely.

Well, its been only a month and a week or so and she just called me up out of the blue and wants to catch up and grab some lunch. Now, I do not think she is trying to get back with me... but I am just kinda confused at this point as to why she is trying to talk to me in the first place. She knows how I feel about her, and I told her I needed some space/time to get over here. I was thinking we would go at LEAST all summer without talking to kinda "get over" eachother... but I guess thats not the case.

I have mixed feelings on what to do at this point. I do kinda like her still, but not like I use to. I especially am not getting my hopes up anymore or anything like that. I am at this point just cautions about any kind of confrontation at all. I mean she knows how I felt about her... does she REALLY think that I have moved on and over her in a little over a months time? What do you think about this situation? I am just curious on to other peoples inputs. Thank you for your time.

Why not just say, "Hey, would you like to go out to dinner on _____day?"

well I told her we can get together late next week for lunch, we both love this BBQ place that I think were gonna go to. I am just kinda thinking out loud right now.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no way for us to begin to guess her motivations based on your posts. Maybe she misses you, maybe she just wants the thrill of knowing you still care, maybe she really does think you should be over it by now.

Her reasons don't really matter. Its how you feel that you need to deal with. Sounds to me like you are still confused and hurting, so I would recommend you NOT go out with her until you get sorted. Preferably once you get a new GF and have completely lost romantic interest in your ex. You don't need to be cold to her, just be busy.

Since you are already going out tho, keep your expectations low and pay attention to how you really feel when you meet. If you are still hung up on her, then you should do what I already mentioned.

Breakups and 'friends' after is so icky. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh