+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Planning out this year's vacations

Planning out this year's vacations

So it's '05 and with it come Fred's yearly vacations. This year (I just found out) I get 3 weeks!! Because this year is my 5 year anniversary at my job.

Anyway, I'm planning on traveling around within the US and abroad.

Some of my top choices that I definitely don't want to miss before the year's end:

*Florida -around spring break- Maybe meet Blue & Squirrley

*Las Vegas - Don't know anyone here

*Boston - fourth of July - I got a buddy there

*Europe - mini backpacking trip..right around August..I'm thinking 2 - 4 weeks. Haven't decided yet because 1- I'm going with a buddy and he doesn't have as much time off, I don't think..but I may start off with him and end up alone to really take advantage of my time while I'm there. Plus by this time I'm hoping to have resigned from work and having my deserved break before I start the new phase of my life (in Mexico)

*Canada - Either in conjunction with Seattle or Niagara Falls/Toronto... or both

*Guanajuato, Mexico - Cervantino Festival..has anyone heard of this? It's a pretty cool, multinational yearly cultural event. I think it happens in September..I forget.

Anyway, this is just what I am brainstorming now. The part where you guys come in is: If you live near one of these cities and can make some recommendations, would like to play host, or at least meet up while I'm there, let me know and we can try to coordinate. You can tell me when the best time to visit your city is or when something fun is going on..some cool festival or something.

Also if you don't live in any of these cities, but you still live in some fun place or big city, particularly one I haven't been to: Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Hawaii (though there is a slim chance, Raver), and have something to suggest..any info is welcome.

Excellent, well, I hope to hear from you...especially Blue and Squirrley..Florida is almost a sure bet for right around Spring Break...just tell me when the best time is and where in FL you live...if it's near a spring break party zone, I'm there.

Thanks.
    Freddie

well well here I am! Here I be! WAHOO! Freddie, you are so more than welcome to come down here! Blue and I would love it! Hell, her and I and wont be in this state much longer! Come this summer were out of here!

You just get with us and we'll make plans! She's farther south than I am. Im closer to the Orlando area where she's down by Miami! Its about a 5 hour trip for her and I to get together. But the three of us would have a kick ass time!

PM us and we'll make plans!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.