+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship over, need advice

relationship over, need advice

I am a 27 year old male. I'm American. GF was a 36 year old female from Switzerland.

We met while traveling in Asia. We had a wonderful relationship and were physically together for one year and we had a phone relationship for 4 months while trying to figure out how she could move to America.

The biggest issues was for how for her to live in America. She would've had to get a tourist visa (3 months) and try to find a job that would give her a work visa.

She felt that it would be too hard for her to move to the USA. I might add that she's lived for a long time in the US before so she knows what it's like in the US.

When we were together, we got along so great. Good chemistry. A lot of stuff in common.

Her age made it tough for us to ever have kids. We both wanted kids but I'm not sure if either of us is ready. GF needs to realize that it will be tough for her to have kids at her age.

GF's younger sister got married and I think this made my GF really sad. Right after the wedding, my GF broke up with me. I knew the wedding was causing her to be sad but I didn't really know what to say to her.

Also, my GF wanted to be with her parents. If she had moved to the US, she wouldn't be able to see them very much.

We've talked about getting married to each other and she expressed an interest.

The hardest part for me is the GF stopped communicating with me. Right after her sister's wedding, she broke up with me and I haven't heard from her since. I don't know if I should try contacting her or give her space. It's been about 7 weeks since I've heard from her. I can't call her because she lives in Europe. I'm limited to email and postal mail.

My GF is having a hard time transitioning into a new career and figuring out what to do with her life. I think she's sad about not being married with kids at her age. I don't know what to say to her.

There are too many things against this relationship for it to happen.....she realized this and made the final move to call it quits. She is not going to move to the US, doesn't want to be away from her parents, has a home, a job, and friends in her counrty, you are not really ready yet for kids, and your age may bother her. Btw, she is not too old to have children, many women are having babies at the age of 40+.

I have a feeling it's a race against the clock for her and the situation with you is not suitable. I'm sure she had a nice talk with family and friends at that wedding, and helped her decide it would be best to end the relationship. Let her go.