+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is rhis really why he cheated??

Is rhis really why he cheated??

Ok.. I'm going to try to compress this story as much as possible.... any advice is much appreciated as I am having a very difficult time. It has been 3 months since I broke up with my cheating ex-fiancee. We were together for 2.5 yrs. We moved very fast when we met (his choice) and moved in together right away (he asked me). We were not using protection (I was 22, he was 30... not playing the blame game but he manipulated me pretty well) and I got pregnant. Right before I found out, a few bad things happened between us that really scared me.

#1. His mother treated me awful. She caused a lot of problems between us.
    #2. He was very controlling and told me what to do all the time and talked to me like a kid.
    #3. He was pushing me to have a baby but didn't want to get married first (which is what I wanted)
    #4. He had an AWFUL temper. He SCREAMED at me in public on a few occasions (even at a wedding) for very stupid reasons and embarrassed me in front of friends and family.
    #5 He had a very old school mentality about women, their purpose and how 'they should not talk back'.
    #6 He loved partying with his buddies but hated going out with me (the few times we went out together, he would get hammered then pick a fight with me that would turn into a screaming match..so I guess that's why)...when he went out, he would leave me home alone waiting up for him till 4am and calling/texting him non-stop with no answer. He always made me feel like I was insecure and what he was doing is normal.. that I should have my own life and he should have his and that going out EVERY weekend with his friends instead of me is normal.
    #6 One time he told me he was going to the store to get milk and he came back at 3am.

The events mentioned above were spread out over 3 months of living together...during this time we also had very happy moments obviously and had fun times too (and a great sex life) but those things always stuck in the back of my mind. I kept telling him I wanted to start using protection when we started having problems but he kept convincing me not to.. still don't know why I didn't stand my ground back then. We were doing great for a bit then we went on vacation with 2 other couples and he treated me horribly.. he was rude to everyone..always wanted to venture off on his own... he spent an entire 6 hr boat ride talking to a group of random strangers while I hung out with our friends.. and even ditched me in the hotel room one night when I was sick with heat stroke and shivering and went partying till 4am on the resort by himself!!!!! (I didn't know at the time that the sun made me sick because I was actually pregnant) When we came back from the trip I fount out I was pregnant. He was so happy and promised me it 'was just me and him from now on' and he was sorry for the way he acted lately and on the vacation. I tried to believe him. I loved him a lot and we did have a lot of passion... but after advice from friends and family and thinking it thru A LOT... I made the hard decision of having an abortion. (I honestly felt sick to my stomach when I found out.. I cried and I wasn't happy at all... is that not a red flag?) For some reason we stayed together for 2 yrs after that. During this time he cheated on me MULTIPLE TIMES.. and every time I caught him, he would blame it on my abortion.. all the guilt I felt for it (still do) made me eventually take him back. He also proposed and pushed me to set the date for our wedding. Then I caught him cheating AGAIN... and AGAIN he blamed it on the abortion. I finally broke up with him 3 months ago for good. It took him JUST 2 WEEKS to move on with another girl. They moved in after just 5 weeks of dating! He lives with her and her sister and her sister's bf in some basement apartment close to where I live. His sister and I are best friends to this day and to this day his sister barely talks to him for what he has done to me. She found out (he tells his mom, his mom tells his sister and his siters tells me) all the info about them and told me. He told his sister that he will never forgive me for the abortion and that this new girl is 'the one' and he will never cheat on her because she doesn't deserve it like I did. I have to admit hearing that hurts more than anything. Plus he knows that his sister tells me everything!

I got into a car accident when I found out about them (was stressed out and fell asleep at the wheel) I almost lost my life but happy to say that I am FULLY recovered since then! (really it's a miracle) He was not there for me AT ALL while I was recovering in the hospital! He only called ONCE and told me he was only calling to see if I'm ok and for me not to read anything into it because he's happy with his new girl!!!!! Can't explain to you how much I suffered during that time in the hospital and dealing with the BU at the same time! Since I have been fully recovered and hitting the gym again (I used to model part-time prior to the accident and have not worked since) his sister has told me that he CONSTANTLY texts her to ask about me..or even calls her from time. He only asks superficial questions but one time he asked her if I was seeing anyone! wtf! Aren't u happy with ur new gf like u said??

Recently he stopped asking about me. He now has a profile on facebook (which he refused to have with me when we were together and even made me cancel my facebook!!! ) with the new girl as his profile picture and added his sister as a friend of course! I have facebook now too and saw them both. The new girl looks lie a transvestite.. not trying to be mean but she has manly features.. however, they seem to have a lot in common. All of this still bothers me tremendously. It has been a very difficult journey and the car accident hasn't helped. I can't finacialy afford to get counseling right now for my abortion issues either. I hate him for putting me in that position that I have to deal with that decision for the rest of my life while he is gallivanting with new girl and moves on SO FAST almost as if he never loved me!!! We have matching tattoos on our wrists.. staring at it hurts.. in fact, everything friggin hurts! Although I am in a much better place then I was 3 months ago or even 1 month ago.. I still wonder and think and analyze this WAY too much on a daily basis! (my thoughts are always on him and what happend and it is hard to focus on other things) Is it possible that all of this happened because of the abortion or have I been gaslighted? I can't understand why I got in a car accident and he is with new girl and not even suffering over me! Or am I looking at this all wrong? I mean I am very very lucky to be alive and FULLY recovered with no permanent damage. (My car hit a pole on the highway.. everyone was shocked that I made it) Any advice on how to cope would be great... it is a hard journey and I GENUINELY want to make it through but I also need answers.

Thank you for reading!

The only reason for cheating is that he is a selfish scumbag. There are all kinds of reasons to break up, but somebody who chooses to cheat instead of breaking up is a selfish scumbag.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Doll, this guy sounds like a sociopath and abuser of women. He cheated on you the whole time you were together by the sounds of things... long before you ever got pregnant. Every weekend he went out without you until 4 in the morning is likely when he cheated.

Stop creeping his face book page.
    Stop letting his sister give you updates about him
    Stop feeling guilty for having that abortion.. If you didn't you would be tied to this horrible person for the rest of your life because of the child. He would likely
    ruin that childs life by teaching him/her to be just like him... a mysonginist with mental/psychological/emotional problems. Look what he's done to you in the short time that you were near him and his horrible ways. Would you want a child subjected to what he subjected you to? No... so don't feel guility and don't let him make you think he cheated because of the abortion.. he was NEVER faithful.

You, learn a lesson and never jump into a relationship that quickly ever again. You didn't even know who this asshole was before you got in deep. You only found out after when it was harder for you to leave.

Get yourself some therapy to help you with your broken self worth and to learn to have the strength to forget this bastige exists. If that means breaking contact with his sister as well, then so be it.

Good luck to you. Take solice in the fact that your out of it. This guy has a pattern with woman and this new woman, unfortunately will be going through exactly what you went through. Absolutely no doubt.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You made the right decision and broke up with him. He's a loser and a manipulator. Why do you think he moved in with her so quickly? USING her for free/cheaper housing.

Forget about him, tell his sister you want to be friends with her but don't want to hear a single thing about him and if she can't handle that then you can't talk to her.

thank you all for your advice during this difficult time. It helps to hear it from sane people that I am not crazy.

I really hope that he does continue the pattern with the tranny in a way because it will validate things that much more for me.. I'd hate to think that I was a stepping stone for the next best thing especially since she is nothing special!

As for the abortion.. it helps to hear that it was a control mechanism and not the sole reason for his cheating. I have to constantly write, read and say out loud all of the problems we had prior to my pregnancy to remind myself of reality. It is very difficult because I have a big heart and I was very naive when him and I met so to this day I feel confused about everything.

I guess it's hard to let go because we were on the road to recovery and doing so well for like 5 months and then out of the blue he starts cheating again right before Valentine's.. hard pill to swallow when you fight so hard for something and finally get what you want only to have it taken away again. I still can't figure out what his motivation was given the fact that he was pushing me to set the date for our wedding AT THE SAME TIME and still pushing the baby idea once again. That's why I started believing even more that the abortion thing was not an excuse.. been analyzing it to death ever since.Total mind screw.

Thanks again for the support. All advice is appreciated