+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why?

Why?

I wonder why not a lot of people want to share their experiences, when it comes to a relationships in which the other person is still very close to his/her ex(es).

I think its actually kind of rare to be close to an ex since an ex is an ex for a reason. Unless there are kids involved or something who really likes to stick around an ex?

It's better to just burn that bridge and move on. I only stayed friends with one ex because we hung out with the same group. Plus our relationship was short so there wasn't any real strong feelings to begin with. All the rest.....good f uckin riddance!

If not a lot of people don't stay friends with their exes then my ex is one of a heck messed up girl. I mean I am not asking this because I want to be friend with her, although I am still debating whether to do it or not. It is my ex who is still close to her exes, including some of them with their family. If you read my other post then you know that it was my problem with her and our relationship(she was too close to her exes). It pissed me so much and made me not comfortable, uncertain about a future with her or if she was truly serious. It made me wonder why she was hanging on them. Humm! Thanks guys; this make me realize that my relationship was in danger no matter what I was going to do, and I am glad that it happened sooner than later.

I haven't talk to her in more than a month, and I believe I am pretty much the first ex who hasn't been in constant contact with her. At least I like the idea of making that difference after been clingy for months, and her actions, whether conscious or not, made me crazy. Here is a little taste of that happened:

1. Breakup (living in same apartment)
    2. She started sleeping over this one guy's place (I didn't like the guy)
    3. Flirted with guys
    4. Got a new boyfriend
    5. Brought him in the apartment
    6. Invited one of the exes over for the weekend (slept in the same room)
    7. Brought that ex to chill over my FRIENDS' place

All of this in maybe in the space of 1.5 month

Man she wanted (or not) to kill me. I think I have the most amazing breakup experience ever. Laugh my friends said this could be made into a movie.

Anyway thanks for replying
    Last edited by confusius; 23-06-11 at 09:03 AM.

I'm friends with an ex I only dated for a month now. My other big ex (4 years together and engaged for 2) and I have just reconciled recently. We don't talk much but we put our differences aside after a year or so and have decided that it's alright if we're just friends. My most recent ex, the one that's the reason I joined the site in the first place, hasn't spoken to me in over a week. Maybe down the road we can become friends but ONLY if my feelings are indifferent towards her. Right now, it'll be awhile before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by that one guy View Post
    I'm friends with an ex I only dated for a month now. My other big ex (4 years together and engaged for 2) and I have just reconciled recently. We don't talk much but we put our differences aside after a year or so and have decided that it's alright if we're just friends. My most recent ex, the one that's the reason I joined the site in the first place, hasn't spoken to me in over a week. Maybe down the road we can become friends but ONLY if my feelings are indifferent towards her. Right now, it'll be awhile before that happens.
    So how is that friendship? Do you guys hang out together and stuff? I find this tricky as I don't have any ex that I can say I am friend with. It does happen that I will talk to them, but it's not like we will hang out or do things together. That kind of friendship in which the other party it's still hoping to getting together it's not healthy for a couple. That's what I think.

I'm "friends" with all of my exes of facebook. All but the ones I really had feelings for.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    So how is that friendship? Do you guys hang out together and stuff? I find this tricky as I don't have any ex that I can say I am friend with. It does happen that I will talk to them, but it's not like we will hang out or do things together. That kind of friendship in which the other party it's still hoping to getting together it's not healthy for a couple. That's what I think.
    The ex I only dated for month lives across country. Last time we hung out, I went to a convention thing and she let me sleep at her place over the weekend. Stayed there for a week. We had a nice time together but there was no real feelings behind the platonic ones. The 4 year ex, we used to hang out a lot but I still had feelings for her. It ended badly when I thought she was using me and I cut it off. We didn't talk for nearly a year and I decided to apologize and she accepted it. We haven't talked much outside of that and she lives a couple hours away so don't know if we'll hang out ever. Who knows.