+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a gf but i kind of like someone who i can't be with

I have a gf but i kind of like someone who i can't be with

Hi all,

I currently have a gf but recently i went for a study exchange for 4 months and i met a amazing girl who is also another exchange student from another country. I felt talking with her felt so easy and like natural. Very comfortable. She was nice to me and once she hook my arm randomly, i felt that my heart skip a beat. But I didn't do anything beyond what a friend will do, knowing I have a girlfriend back home. Before I left for the airport, she make me a simple fur ball which is simple but I someone felt so heart-melting.

I convinced myself that, there won't be a future. Given that she is from another country and she is graduating soon, compare to me I am only to graduate few years later due to country commitment. When I am back home, I am happy to see my gf again. However, when I am out with her, I just don't feel that spark compare to what I had with the girl I met in the exchange. The feeling and all is so different and I miss the feeling I have when I am out with the girl I met in the exchange.

So I really don't know what to do...when I and my gf quarrel, i often question myself am i keeping this relationship just because we get use to each other? Or do I really love her? And I often think back of the time I had in exchange. I really don't know what to do. I want to be with my gf but just feel is she really the one.

Anyone face such problem before? Any advise? Thanks.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You feel the spark with this exchange girl cause she's "new" . Of course compare to your long term gf it feels more special but what it is indeed, it's what usually happen when you meet someone new. Ask yourself, if you want to throw your long term relationship to the trash just because you felt nice with this other girl...
    I wazzzz here

Why be with someone out of guilt? Grow up and tell her this relationship can no longer continue for you are not happy, and have had doubts about "us" for awhile. You don't stay in a relationship to spare someones feelings.....be true to yourself and choose what you really want.

Last edited by LaMb ChOp; 24-09-11 at 01:21 AM.

I've been there. Mate, you're not really in love with your gf. It's not fair on her to be with a man who doesn't love her that much. In my case, I broke up with her. It was painful for her. But it was the right thing to do because my heart was with someone else. She deserved better. The whole relationship was a mistake, my mistake. It was my fault. I really thought I'd grow to love her but that didn't happen. Now 2 years later, she's married to a man who truly loves her. I suggest you do the same. If she's not the one you really wanna be with which is what it seems to me, break up with her now than later or it's gonna hurt her even more.

If you are asking whether you love her or not, then you probably dont. you should break things off in order to save her, and yourself, from heartbreak in the future. you are doubting the relationship and the spark so unless if you are willing to work on the relationship, you should move on and let her move on as well. when you're in love, you just know it.

Every feeling is different because it is with somebody different. Emotions and "sparks" are created by the combination of you and the other person. So you can not compare how you feel with your gf and how you felt with the girl in the exchange program.

Concentrate on your relationship with your gf and make a decision based ONLY on you and her. If you start to think of something or someone else, refocus and try again. Be fair to your girlfriend and yourself.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!