+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend pushes me away...help??

My girlfriend pushes me away...help??

My girlfriend kisses me at the most random times just because she wants to but she's uncomfortable cuddling and me holding her. She pushes me away all the time. We've discussed this many times and she says she doesn't know why she does it. I don't know how to help her feel comfortable with me. She says she loves me with all her heart and I love her as well. Any advice to help us sort this all out??

How long have you been together? What are you ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    How long have you been together? What are you ages?
    We're both 21 and we've been together for almost a year. She's been like this the whole time so it's not a new thing and i'm being understanding and patient. I just don't know what to do and how to help her get past that. It hurts me that she's pulling away.

Unless she can produce an honest answer as to why she does it, I'd have to assume she's being selfish. You've been together for a year and she has yet to explain this phenomenon to you??? NOT FAIR. She can at least give a valid explanation for it.....surely there's a story behind it.

Play the bitch dude, seriously, none of them really matter

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer31 View Post
    Play the bitch dude, seriously, none of them really matter
    When I see comments like this, I can't help but wonder, why are you on a relationship forum if you aren't interested in relationships?

Maybe she thinks every kiss and cuddle is going to lead to sex and she isn't comfortable with that and her kissing you when it suits avoids this. If that's the case reassure her it is just kisses and cuddles and it doesn't have to lead to that.

Otherwise you may need to suss out if she is fully attracted to you.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

at 21, I think a year is too long for this kind of behavior to have been going on. Its one thing to be patient about sex if everything else is safely in place emotionally, but 12 months of someone pulling away is really tough.

personally, I would have probably brought this to a head around 2 months, and make the call if the relationship was worth sticking around for. As pisces said, there might be an attraction issue, but she might also have some personal issues.

Either way, I don't think this is normal behavior to be uncomfortable with a boyfriend of 12 months cuddling and holding. I'm pretty sure every girl I've dated has been comfortable with cuddling and holding the first few weeks.

Who said I wanted a relationship? they all suck cause girls are liars and play games all the time and then complain when guys do it. Relationships are for suckers, just get what you want (sex) and move on to the next

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer31 View Post
    Who said I wanted a relationship? they all suck cause girls are liars and play games all the time and then complain when guys do it. Relationships are for suckers, just get what you want (sex) and move on to the next
    And then you are here because.....? It is a relationship forum... you know, for people who are interested in relationships.

Stop spending as much time with her, and as I recommended to another poster, start looking for another girl. Not to cheat, but to occupy your time so you're not so invested in this relationship. If you find someone that really suits you better, then leave your current g/f. Always easier to find another when you have one already. I suggest you start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    When I see comments like this, I can't help but wonder, why are you on a relationship forum if you aren't interested in relationships?
    Because he's a troll.