+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need relationship advice (GF talking with ex's)

Need relationship advice (GF talking with ex's)

New user here, need some advice on current relationship. I came here cause my best friend is not sure how I should handle it. And I have never really had to deal with a situation like this before.

So here goes:
    I'm 29 years old and started dating my current GF in December, and we are close to moving in together. We had some issues I thought we were past...but that may not be the case.
    Things had been going great, until the end of may. All of the sudden I got this feeling in my gut that something was up. I tried to ignore it... but my curiosity got the best of me. So i checked her phone one night after she was asleep.
    I found that she was still in contact with two of her ex boyfriends. Which is fine....but they were not talking like friends...very flirtatious conversations. In fact she had tried to delete one convo that talked about meeting up when the guy came to town. In that convo he had talked about how "I love it when you put it in my face", but I could not see her responses in the recovered text. So I then proceeds to check here online accounts and found a bunch of flirtatious messages between her and the two ex's.

I confronted her and at first she tried to say I was over reacting but eventually she spilled the beans and admitted that she knew what she was doing was wrong (Srry that she got caught no doubt) And pleaded with
    me to stay with her. Blah blah blah....she said that that stuff was done with and deleted her accounts and got a new phone with a new number.

Since then she has moved about 15 minutes away from me, so she can be closer. And I have moved my t.v. And most of my stuff into her apt. Although I have kept my apartment and not fully moved in...just in case.

Well... I have had that feeling in my gut again for the last few days. So this mourning I checked her email account....Monday she re-friended one of the ex's on Facebook.
    This same guy sent her this message 2 weeks ago:
    "are you mad at me? Did I do somthing wrong? Plead tell me...been trying to reach you. Wanted to take your daughter to the watermark...if that's ok. Please respond either way. If you don't want me to contact you anymore let me know..I don't want to mess things up for you or for you to be mad at me"

This is the guy she said that she knew she should not be contacting, anyway two weeks later she has now refriended him on Facebook. And tried to delete the evidence of that happening in her email account. She must be aware that I have access to her accounts...the recent friend request Leeds me to believe that they have been talking on the phone since he sent that message. Which would explain why she sent him the friend request on Monday.

What do you guys think about the situation? I won't be able to check the replies until later tonight.

Sorry about the spelling errors. Just got an iPad and typing fast is a little akward

Trust your instincts and dump her. There is too much lying and sneaking around and emotional cheating go on here, so it's only a matter of time before she starts having sex with one or more of these guys.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

That "feeling in your gut", that's insecurity.

Checking her phone and online accounts? That's distrust and controlling behavior.

You've both got issues, move your stuff out of her place and be done, neither of you is good for the other.

Trust is key

I think that you should listen to your gut. You have been consistently getting the feeling that she is being unfaithful and found evidence to support it. Oftentimes, when we feel the urge to get confirmation of our suspicions and then search for answers, we have known all along what to do. You are young and should not feel pressured to check your girlfriends email/Facebook accounts on a regular basis. It is obvious that you do not trust her and trust is necessary for a healthy relationship. You can confront her again and give her specific things that she can do in order to gain your trust OR you can cut your losses and find someone that you can have a trusting relationship with. Good luck!

They have already talked, and yet her shady behavior continues. I think the OP should dump her without any further discussion. She knows what she did was wrong.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Don't be that guy who keeps giving her chances knowing full well she's just another liar. yeah you shouldn't have gone through her email and stuff but look what you found........a liar and a cheater. Yes, she's cheating on you.Sneaking, hiding, flirting......cheating. Dump her......after you move all your stuff back to your apartment.