+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do men really think when they split up with someone?

What do men really think when they split up with someone?

Does the no contact things actually work? Does it just take men longer to realise what they have lost? Do you still think about your ex?

well at times a break gives u to realise your priorities and understand what you want from ur life and relationships.. i broke up with my ex 3 yrs back and i only i knw what hell i went through... we had this on-off relationship for 3 yrs when i finally came to my senses ... but i had realised no matter what happens we will always be two different individuals ... from the last 3 yrs he has been trying to get back bt i know that i have gone past the feeling for him and i am glad that i did it... initially i tried helping him by talking him out of it...bt then i broke off all the contacts...coz time is the best healer....

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The no contact is to help YOU move on, not to try and get someone back.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I've read articles on men magazine sites, and they say on average, men have about a 3 month grace period where they may consider reconciling.

Men brake up with women for the same reason women brake up with men.

The NC is to help YOU and HIM move-on. It is not to get someone back.

Remaining "just friend" can only work for both if there was no real deep love in the first place. I want all women to understand the following, get it into your heads.
    (1) Remaining "just friends" is not a fantastic idea, just because it is in your head.
    (2) You can't change all the sane people in the world to think that "just friends" id good because you think so, the world does care what you think, they are going to continue to act sanely.
    (3) If I labeled any of my friends as a "just" friend, I would expect them to be offended by me. My friends mean something important to me, thw word "just" does not apply.
    (4) Women, the following applies to ALL men that are worth being interested in:

REMAING JUST FRIENDS IS TORTURE TO A REAL MAN

Women, have we learned anything here? I hope so.

- Does the no contact things actually work?
    Yes. It's for both people to help them move on.

- Does it just take men longer to realise what they have lost?
    Perhaps for some men. But if I break up with someone, I did it because things were no longer working out for me, and I'm glad to move on.

- Do you still think about your ex?
    Not any more than in a casual way.

Men cannot, and usually do not want to, be just friends after a breakup. Being "just friends" is simply code for "let's not make this a bitter, messy breakup". That's it.

When I dump a girl, if she deserves it, I'm usually looking for my next mountain to climb and I can care less about what the girl I just dumped feels. I can't remember ever being dumped in a long time, so I cannot give an accurate telling of the feelings I'm sure it exposes.

Paul Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Windmillback View Post
    Men brake up with women for the same reason women brake up with men.

The NC is to help YOU and HIM move-on. It is not to get someone back.

Remaining "just friend" can only work for both if there was no real deep love in the first place. I want all women to understand the following, get it into your heads.
    (1) Remaining "just friends" is not a fantastic idea, just because it is in your head.
    (2) You can't change all the sane people in the world to think that "just friends" id good because you think so, the world does care what you think, they are going to continue to act sanely.
    (3) If I labeled any of my friends as a "just" friend, I would expect them to be offended by me. My friends mean something important to me, thw word "just" does not apply.
    (4) Women, the following applies to ALL men that are worth being interested in:

Women, have we learned anything here? I hope so.
    Ummmm I don't recall this post being about remaining friends after a break up..........since you mention it, I don't remain friends after a break up so being a woman has nothing to do with it. I have noticed that on these forums the majority who want to remain friends seems to be the guys.

It depends I guess in who does the dumping. If the guy dumps the girl then he properly over her straight away but if he gets dump then he needs time to get over her.

Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    It depends I guess in who does the dumping. If the guy dumps the girl then he properly over her straight away but if he gets dump then he needs time to get over her.
    Not sure about that. I think it has more to do with why the break up happened and the feelings you had for the person at the time

I dumped my ex and I was so in love with her at the time and that really sucked dumping someone I was in love with and it took me a good 5 months in total to get over her and I say that in the sense that I've accepted where we are at and able to live my life without her in it and I don't want to get back with her. But I'm also not sure I'll ever be 100% over her. It certainly wasn't a case of dumping her and being over her straight away

no contact is for you to move on, just say screw them and get the next hot guy!

I have cried over a relationship with a certain person 5 years after it ended because I was talking about having 1 girl I thought was real girlfriend material who I genuinely connected with and my friend guessed who it was and said "it was apparent" when I asked him how he got it first guess...That made me cry. But to stay on topic...I think about everything that went right or wrong and how I ended up in the situation and try to come to terms with it, minimum recovery time is about 3 months in a moderately-serious relationship (as stated above)