+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said I love you drunk.

She said I love you drunk.

Boy am I having a crazy night. So she is drunk and said I love you. Like squeezed it in randomly and i just acted like i didn't see it. Then just now she said it again "Love you, goonight"

I don't know hot to respond or what to do. And what about when she is sober?

I replied "<3 u 2, night babe" because i didn't want to say love because well I don't know what love is and it is scary kinda and don't want to say the word. This way i felt like i was not saying it while being polite. I dunno

Insight?

how old are you?/ how long have you guys been dating?

don't even worry about it until she is sober. She may feel it now but she most likly won't remember. Say it when it's right. You'll know when it. Since you don't throw the words around alot when you do say it she will know you mean i t

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferx View Post
    how old are you?/ how long have you guys been dating?
    Im 19 and we have been dating for not long. Two months tops. I think I know whats going on though to be honest. I have done the same thing kind of. Just without saying it. I think, i THINK. Just a theory. But I think she is confusing WANTING to love me with LOVING me. Like I want to love her, so far she is very lovable but there is so much i don't know. And i don't know about love much, it really confuses me. How you define it i guess is the issue

Feelings like that are called "infatuation" or "new relationship syndrome" or "the honeymoon period". It's when everything seems perfect, feelings are high, and you two haven't had to deal with challenging issues in real life yet, like money or kids.

(I'm a guy.) Being in love doesn't mean you have to get married. Why not explore these feelings? When I'm in love, sex is SO much better for me. Your mileage may vary. Just sayin. Give it a try.

But think. What if there's no sex? Would you two still get along well? Would you still want to be around each other? That's a good test to see how compatible you two are.

Love is just a word that people use to try to label a group of feelings that they are experience. What most people fail to realize is that we all define this word differently. Everyone has a different idea about what emotional groupings make up "love" for themselves. They think there is an universal definition of love and there really isn't.

Don't worry about not saying it back. And don't worry about when you will say it. It is just whenever you decide that you are in love that you can say it. And if someone else says it first, don't worry too much about that. It just means they are defining the word based upon their own emotional grouping.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

My advice is don't say it if you don't mean it. And don't bring up the fact that she said it when she was drunk unless she does. I had this ruin a relationship of mine when the other person told me they loved me for the first time when we were drunk... They didn't really mean it yet, but went along with it because they had already said it and I heard it, and it just completely ruined the relationship. Very confusing.

It depends if you want to persue her or not???

Somone being drunk is not a good enough indicator. Its unreliable.
    If she gives you hints when she is solber that shes interested that would be a good sign.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Dude, if a Terminator can learn the value of human emotions, you can too.
    The 'L' word is a big word to throw around, so I can understand why you're reluctant to say you love her. But as my fellow dudes & dudettes have said, wait til she's sober before you bring it up....if you even bring it up at all.
    When she's ready to tell you whilst sober, then she will. No need to worry about it, broski.
    - The Bringer of Rain