+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are the priorities of a 23 years old guy?

What are the priorities of a 23 years old guy?

Hello, I would just like to know the 'maturity level' of guys at this age. Are you saving up money, do you you have a stable job, are you doing a degree, partying, looking for a relationship, working out, living with parents or on your own? Thanks

When I was 23, I lived alone and had a steady job directly related to my college degree. I was partying and looking for a relationship, plus studying to pass the CPA exam. I played racquetball and volleyball, and went jogging on a regular basis.

But that's not necessarily normal. Only 25% of Americans get college degrees, and that stat is a little worse for American guys. A lot of Americans spend part of their 20s living with their parents. Console games are more popular and exercise is less popular.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I wanted a relationship at 23, but im mature for my age.... They say men are less mature then women.. although my ex was 23 and im 29 and she was mature for her age too (well i think she was.)

It depends on the person I think

It does depend on the person, definitely changes from from background. However, even among people in the same area, there are differences.

For instance, I'm 23 and my best friend is as well. We both have pretty good jobs, and come from the exact same background. Except he is a) way more dedicated to career and b) less dedicated to a relationship. He recently broke up with a girl he got along with simply because he wanted to focus on himself and his career. I, on the other hand, am less wrapped up with my career (have a job, but don't feel the need to be making big money by the time I'm 30), but am ready to be with someone long term.

I am a Chef and when I was 23, I had already worked and lived in 4 different countries. I worked extremely hard on my carreer but not because I had very strong goals but because it was fun. I liked all teenager stuff still, such as clothes, record albums or CD's, electronics, sports cars, etc. I party'd hard, did sports, never planned my time off well but it always worked out. I was responsible and mature, I paid all my bills, I saved a little money from each pay check, but I was playful. I always wanted a steady relationship with a girl (basically did not like to be alone) but at that age there were too many fish out there. Serious relationships lasted about 1 year, had 3 of such. At age 28 I started to date the woman that I married. I've had enough girls, but every time I entered a new relationship I would not cheat on it, always have been a 1 woman at the time type guy. At age 23 I really felt good, competent and I really thought that I was smart and my brain was well put together. Now I know how incredibly stupid I was at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinaloves View Post
    Hello, I would just like to know the 'maturity level' of guys at this age.
    Q: How long is a piece of string?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

It also depends on how a person is raised too. Some people want to be married at 23.. some dont... really depends.

What everyone is trying to inform you is, all of us guys are different..........at 23 i work 40 hours a week, 18 hours a semester, held down a relationship, maintained friendships, partied as much as possible, wasted all my money, and exercised...........life was extremely simple and easy. Some of my guy friends didn't have it so easy though. You can't gauge a maturity level for a 23 year old guy, way too many variables.

at your age, i was married, i owned a home and worked.......if you can handle it go for it...i dont advise getting married 23 at all, too young. im divorced because of that now.

I've been living on my own since I turned 18. I work full time and I do freelance work on the side, too. Right now I'm paying back my loans, saving up for a new car and my future, and I'm in a relationship. Most of my friends around my age still party hard. Some of them are alcoholics and some still live with their parents, and most of them are single.

Most people aren't mature when they're in their twenties.

When I was 23, I had a 2 year old son, was freshly divorced, flat broke and partying.