+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Chatting Online

Chatting Online

For those who have chat on line on dating social networking sites what do you talk about?
    Any good subjects? I'm not sure what to say sometimes. I hate it when I get these mental blocks.

I'm also curious what are your experiences with online dating sites and what not?
    I hear they get alot of traffic (people flow) compare to traditional ways of meeting people.
    Last edited by Henry123; 29-06-11 at 09:31 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I've used online dating site just to chat...not to look for dates.

Why don't you talk about movies or things you like or hmm, music?
    Food?
    I don't know...

I met my BF online. Although we didn't really chat too much through the dating site. After the initial approach I sent him a detailed email just explaining a bit about myself and my past and we met up in person not long after that. I am not a fan of drawn out convo's online I prefer to meet someone if I feel I clicked with them.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Thanks guys.
    I'm going to take your suggestions and start using them.

I found this list what are some other things to talk about?

10 email flirting questions

* Where did you get that fantastic smile?
    * What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
    * What is the most romantic place that you've been on a date?
    * What would you do if we got stuck in a snow storm in the mountains?
    * If you were going to take me out for a romantic evening, what would we do?
    * What is your favorite thing to do with a partner for fun?
    * If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
    * How long have you played guitar? (Ask about something in their profile.)
    * Wow, is that your cute golden retriever? (Compliment something in their photograph.)
    * When are we going to meet to find out whether we would ever want to see each other again? (Depending on the person, you can sound cute using this one)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I been using online dating sites for quite awhile, usually people say to me that I am cute or beautiful.. If they just say that all I say is thank you if they are good looking enough haha.. I know I am being picky, but that's how it goes cuz I don't want a guy to just say I am cute and beautiful. I want them to be able to ask me questions or say something interesting. I hear people calling me cute and beautiful. I don't care, it's boring and not interesting because guys would say that to any girl and I get that a lot.

Have you ever tried okcupid? and have you ever updated your profile? Have you look into other girls profile?

What keeps a convo going should be easy online as long as they share a common interest with you. for my profile, I put down I like games, I like cars. Usually right then and there, guys would message me and ask me what kind of games I like and what type of car I want or like. And some guys goes like wow, your a hardcore gamer and you like cars because typically girls don't really like it. It gets old when a bunch of guys ask me what type of games I like and I will eventually get lazy to respond hah! but I don't mind repeating myself because I am pretty sure most guys have a strong interest in cars and games and I do too. I want to find a guy who likes games not guys who are only into books. Though I like books, but talking about books is boring haha. So try to keep her interested and don't go on asking too many questions though and just work it out from there. Maybe tease them a little too girls like that unless... lol

I know some online dating sites actually have suggested topics to talk about to help people through that awkwardness.

However, I would suggest this - ask about things she is interested in. Talk about the interests she has which you also share. Tell her about your interests. Hopefully she will do the same. If you run out of things to talk about just from chatting online, chances are there is no enough "stuff" there to make dating work between you two.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I met my GF through an online site and INHO sites can be great for giving people the opportunity to chat and get to know each other a bit before actually meeting in person. If you're having trouble holding an online conversation perhaps that indicates that you're not 'clicking' with the person you are communicating with? But whether it's online or in person, you can't simply have a list of questions to ask because a good conversation is more fluid and natural than that.

just ask questions and then exchange numbers after the first or second email.. no need to chat on there