+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Bi-Polar Guys?

Dating Bi-Polar Guys?

ok hi everyone..... I recently got diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder, other known as manic depression. This consists of extreme mood swings, lack of sleep and apetite, and severe depression. Am taking the appropriate medication and am slowly feeling pretty good and actually feel ready to ask this girl I like if she would like a date. Before the medication I wouldnt even think of it, so yeah basically... I was just wondering What are the oppinions of you girls out there about dating such a person.

I mean would you feel comfortable dating a manic depressive?

I am not crazy or nothing, my mood just goes up and down alot and I kinda go into little dream worlds of my own sometimes, nothing serious really ( i hope ).

Last gf I had i totally cocked it up cus i was going through a really bad patch and I think I freaked her out.

oh p.s. This girl works in a local shop, she may remember me from school, she may not. Any tips on mebe how i should approach and ask her.

thanks, Scotty.

My ex boyfriend was bipolar. I had no problems dating him because of that, I also suffer from depression and mood swings so I had an idea of what he was going through, which actually made us stronger cos we could support one and other. All I would say is that you should talk to her about it at some point. The reason it wasnt a problem between my ex and I was because we discussed it in full, he explained what it was and how it affected him, etc and I learnt to recognise when he was high or low or whatever and hence could respond properly. Dont try and hide it but dont turn it into a big deal either. Just tell her as if you were telling her you have an allergy to dogs.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Just simply ask her out. The fact that you're bipolar doesn't mean you're unable to involve yourself in a healthy relationship. However, I don't see why you should mention the fact that you're bipolar until after you two go out a few times and/or the relationship progresses.
    However, don't allow the fact that you're bipolar to be a reason for mistreating yourself or another being. Your disorder isn't terminal.... it can be treated (it appears that you're taking the appropriate steps) and you can live a productive life. Take control of it and don't allow it to control you.
    Best wishes!
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

Thanks guys for that. I actually dont think I will have to tell her anyway as she works at a pharmacy and she will be the one handing me my anti depressants.

LOL yeah she might work it out then
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I am attracted to dysfunctional women..medicated..or otherwise. They can be Satan's daughter for all I care.
    Orally aggressive or orally fixated works for me. Even if they are emotionally unstable or abusive lots of make up sex is fun.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

I mean would you feel comfortable dating a manic depressive?
    Nope, but fortunately for you, there are a lot of women who would.