+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Our Story: The Proposal

Our Story: The Proposal

Our Story: The Proposal
    by Lady_by_the_Sea

Call us crazy, but within a month of our courtship, the topic of marriage was already being discussed. By the second month, I think we both knew that we just had to get married. It felt so right. One night, he said to me, "I love you." His sincerity brought tears to my eyes..I couldn't help it. No one had ever said those words with so much feeling and conviction. All I could do was repeat those words back.

But even with all that talk of marriage, kids, and summer villas, I was still a little skeptical; I mean who wouldn't when faced with a "too good to be true" type of situation? It seemed like all I've been wishing for was right at the tip of my fingers.

November came, my birthday month. Sing was coming to visit for the first time, and surprisingly, I was calm for the duration of the wait. Then when he called from a couple blocks away, all that calm deserted me! But on the front steps of my house, Sing put me at ease with a sweet, simple, and tender kiss.

We then went and bought an ice cream cake and candles to celebrate my birthday. He chose to assemble the candles and oddly told me not to look or go close to him. Thinking him silly, I obliged him. When he was done, he walked over to me, carrying the cake and lighted candles. The picture he made was just so sweet, it moved me to tears.

Sing presented the cake to me on bended knees and I thought he was doing so for drama. At first, all I saw was bright candles flickering. Then upon closer inspection, something glittered, rather than flicker at me. In the very center of the cake, a ring was stuck half way in. I was stupified into silence, wondering if I was seeing things. Then as it registered in my head, I gasped. It was the biggest diamond I had ever seen! Taking my hand, Sing looked into my eyes and said simply, "Marry me." With tears in my eyes, I nodded stupidly and muttered a breathless "Yes!" We kissed to seal our love and committment. After that, there was no doubt in my heart as to what roles we would play in each other's lives.

I wish you both good luck, and confess that I'm jealous...
    Regards

i'm young and still dont understand love, even with all the love stories i found... nothing moves me... dont feel a thing ToT. only break up stories or troubled love stories are interesting to me... I could learn from those mistakes, that's what make me interested in it. Am i emotionally sick?

well. you both are lucky.

keep us noticed. share your happiness with us...