+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My gf wants me skinny

My gf wants me skinny

I've been with my girlfriend for about a year now, but we've known each other for six years. I've never been skinny I use to weight 210 lbs! Today I'm in my 150's because I decided to work hard and lose weight. I still haven't reached my goal of 115 lbs, but my relationship with her hasn't been working out for me recently. She's always pressuring me and telling me "I want you to be skinny already!" or "I want you to wear short shorts and heels" etc. I tell her I won't feel comfortable wearing shorts till I reach my goal. Some days she gets upset and is rude to me. She starts saying how other girls are hot in front me and stuff. She wants me at the GYM EVERY CHANCE I HAVE. She watches what I eat or how much I eat. She gets pissed when I gain instead of lose. It's just crazy!

I try braking up with her but, she goes suicidal on me! She says she loves me and doesn't want to break up. I love her very much too, but I don't feel comfortable around her. She criticizes me ALL the time! My stomach; the way I walk; the way I dress, or the way I look overall. Our intimate life is not there because she's not "attracted to me" like that.

I don't know whether I should stay with her, break up, or what! I love her I don't want to leave her, but I hate the way she treats me when it comes down to my physical appearance. I feel ugly and fat around her while everyone else compliments me for losing so much weight. :( When I confront her about this all she says is, "I just care about you a lot and I want you to be healthy already."

[Gf - Gf relationship]

Congratulations on losing 60 lbs! Well done.

It doesn't sound like this girl is good for you, especially when she threatens suicide if you try to break up with her. She sounds controlling and manipulative.
    End it and lose the last of your weight for you, not for anyone else.

tremolo Guest
    Yeah, 60 pounds is a huge success. I agree with MM on all accounts!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't stand people who threaten suicide as a way to manipulate others. I think you should tell her to proceed, but to make sure she doesn't do it at your house so you won't have to be bothered to clean up the mess.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yea gd congrats on loosing the weight and gd luck on reaching ur goal
    u need to leave her cause this is not a healthy relationship if all she does is tair u down and she is just sais she wants to kill her self cause she knows u will stay its just a tactic used to control u

I have a feeling she will continue this behavior every time she doesn't like something about you. If you wanna lose weight, that's great. But the way she treats you is destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by repairheaven View Post
    I try braking up with her but, she goes suicidal on me!
    i think you can easily lose another 100lbs or so - lose her !!

good luck, an ex who wanted me to weight more then her...problem when when i did i still didnt look bigger then her and she still had issues with that lol. so good luck with the loss.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm break it off with her and then laugh if she kills herself. she only wants attention and i know for a fact that she won't commit suicide, she is only saying that because you are a sympathetic person.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...