+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 3 months and unsure...

3 months and unsure...

I've been with this girl for three months now, but have known her for around a year through work. Long story short on that left the job, we eventually meet up, and start seeing each other. I've given her all my love, and hope to spend the rest of my life with her. There's been some issues though obviously... A lot of the time it's hard to get any affection from her. She will avoid my kiss, or not want a hug. She almost never tries to touch me. Tells me I touch her too much...

She has lied to me, avoided me for her guy friends, etc... At this point I feel it might be a bad idea to continue with the relationship as I will be crushed in the end. I try my best to trust her, and don't think she has or will cheat on me. It's always in my mind though eventually she'll find someone else, and leave with no regret. We have talked about getting a place together, but she hasn't brought it up again, and always says, "I need to find a place".

She mentions stuff from her past that helps to explain how she acts such as her previous boyfriend. Her past life experiences, but it's so hard when you love someone that much and feel as if you don't get the same in return. About two months into the relationship I wasn't feeling good at all. Talked with an older friend (I'm 24) and he says everything looks BAD. I don't know what to do. Really need some advise here...

Too many red flags, you're already seeing compatibility issues. Keep on guard with her, do not move in together.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks for the advise. Compatibility issues, yes. I had a very sexual relationship with my last girlfriend. She wanted to touch me, and give attention. She wanted sex almost daily... Opposite with this girl yet I stay with her because I love her. How should I keep on guard? I don't know how to approach her with this. She's easily upset and will turn it on me...

Compatibility issues definitely. It is possible that this girl loves you like you love her, but just shows it differently than you do.

A bigger concern I have is that you are thinking all these things about moving in together, etc after only 3 months? Really? Relax a little, maybe slow the relationship down a tad, and take your time. Enjoy the things about her and your relationship and stop worrying about the potentially bad things. The more you think about bad things (like her finding someone else and leaving you) the more likely they are to happen, because you will subconsciously move things in that direction.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

honestly man it sounds to me like a timebomb waiting to happen.

shes gonna keep it going as long as you just go with it. But once you confront her she will most likely get defensive and start to turn it on you to make herself feel better.

ask me how I know???