+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a guys prospective on staying with someone because you got her pregnant.

Need a guys prospective on staying with someone because you got her pregnant.

Ok. I'm a 28 year old female and my ex is 30. We have known eachother for almost 10 years. We dated for 3 years back in '02 and we were both in our early 20's young and dumb and needed to grow up. We have been on and off friends for the 10 years but recently, I'd say within the last 4 years have been very close. We talked about getting back together several times but I just didn't fully think he was ready to settle down and I was. Back in late march he reconnected with an old girlfriend he had dated for about 2 months a few years ago, she was 19 at that time when they first met and now she is 21 with a 3 year old baby from a previous boyfriend. They dated for about a month maybe 2 and he said it was perfect it was like he had a family...girlfirend and child. At the end of may she started going out more and one night left her kid at the apartment with him and didnt tell him where she was going. She didnt come back until the next afternoon. And she told him she was still in love with her ex (who is a girl) and wanted to be with her. A week later she finds out shes preganat and my ex tells me and he says its 100% his and he wants to work things out with her because he wants to be there for his kid. We I brought the fact up that he didnt act at all like he wanted to settle down he said he had beenr ready for 1 year and a half. When we were disscussing it because I was hurt I brought up the face that it was an accident. He said it wasn't an accident but a "mutal agreement." We have been texting and talking to eachother everyday since. Last weekend he text me and out of the blue he tells me that he wants to see me naked and wanted me to send pictures. Of course I told him he wasn't mine and that I wasn't going to send him any pics. The weekend went on and we were texting all weekend and that saturday night we were texting and he told me chelsea (the girl he got pregant) was in the room with him watching a movie and again he asked me to sed pics and I said no again. On Sunday he texted me saying that he was sitting outside haveing a drink and had my engagment ring in his hand. We started talking about that and how we both remember that day and so on. So I am really confused as to what he is feeling and or going on. I love this man to death. I want to be with this man. I feel that he is my soul mate. I would do anything for him. And the situation he is in is hurting me. He says he loves her but I think he loves the fact she is pragant with his child and now with her. Can someone give me some advice???

'The weekend went on and we were texting all weekend and that saturday night we were texting and he told me chelsea (the girl he got pregant) was in the room with him watching a movie and again he asked me to sed pics'

From a blokes perspective: He sounds like an arsehole, and a little bit of a pervert as well. You might love him, but you are probably better off without him, and you are lucky you didn't have any children with him. Move on.

This guy can't be your soulmate, you would never be able to reasonably trust him.

"Who are you texting, honey?"

"Uh, nobody."
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think he's fantasizing about a ménage à trois.

I sympathize for your pain, but this guy is toxic.