+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up 5 days ago, I want her back.

Broke up 5 days ago, I want her back.

Hello folks, my name is Martin and I am new to this forum.

So here is my story.
    2 years ago I met this girl online, we talked day and night for months before we started to develop feelings. There was only one issue, the distance. We knew what we were getting into, seperated by 150 miles and only reachable with 3 hours of aviation transportation. Time flew by and we fell deeply in love with eachother and 6 months later we decided to meet up. I had a wonderfull time and so did she, we met up 3 times in total. Summers and new years eve.
    About 3-4 months ago I did a terrible misstake, I can say we both did. We had like all other relationships our up and downs, I simply did the misstake and took her for granted and didn't give her as much attention as I should have. But I never stopped loving her and I never even had the thought of betraying her. The thing is my ex thought it would blow over and she didnt talk to be about it. Time went past and suddenly she most likely started to loose her feelings for me. FINALLY she told me how she felt and I understood my misstake and what I had done to her and I immediately did a 180 degree turn.

What I didn't know was that under this time she started to develop even more distance from me she started talking to another guy in England which is also about 100-150 miles from her and she started to develop feelings for him instead of me. It is worth to point out that she didnt tell me she loved him 1 day before I'd go and pick her up at the airport. It was like being stabbed in the back but I can't simply let her go. I understand that I need time to heal and there is other fish in the sea. But I know most of you have been in love so you know that there is only one fish you want on your hook.

She haven't met this guy yet so here I am, asking for advice on how to get her back. I have done alot of readin on the matter. Looking at the No contact rule but it really concerns me. What if it will push her further away from me, I can't be the one she once fell inlove with cause that would mean alot of contact between me and her and that wont do any good.

The first days of the breakup I made another misstake, I begged, picked her flowers and such things. I know I shouldn't have done this but it was out of pure desperation. I want her back really badly thats why I am here now asking for advice. It's a tough spot to me in due to the distance and all. And I know I was a bad boyfriend during that time but I changed as soon as I noticed how she was feeling about it and I would have changed alot earlier if she just opened up to me and told me about it.

Anyway what is done is done, now I am looking into the future hoping. Hoping that some of you have been in the same situation as me and have more experience then me on things like this.

// Martin

LDR's can have a short shelf life because of all the frustration of being apart. So I suggest you try dating locally. Hop on a dating site and see who you can meet up with in your town.

Dude she's already moving on checking out her next guy. Give her space, no contact, and if she has a change of heart, she will call you.