+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is really going on

What is really going on

I have been dating the same girl now for almost a year. Things had been going really well until about a week ago when I mentioned the name of an X apparently one too many times. Suddenly my GF started saying our relationship was not working for her anymore but she still wanted to be friends. Having gone thru this in the past I just assumed it would go away. Finally I became irritated and told her she could have what she wanted. A day later I received 3 emails stating they were the last emails I would get. Two days after that I received a call and two more emails stating they were the last I would get and that it was completely over and she was moving on and for me to do so as well. I replied with a couple of my own as well as a voice mail asking her to reconsider. The next day she called extremely irate and screamed if I called her again she would call the police. I asked what I had done wrong and she stated it was all about her and to leave her alone. A subsequent called turned into a screaming match and eventually she hung up. I made no attempt to contact her for 5 days and today she calls just to make sure I am OK and there are no hard feelings. I asked if she wanted to meet and she declined. Her attitude although not as good as I may have liked was much better than our last conversation. No mention on never calling again or that it was over. I tried to call back and no answer and no response to a text I sent. This is all confusing to me. Why continually say it is over but continue to call even with the excuse of saying this is the last text or call or making sure I am OK and there are no hard feelings. Someone please tell me what she is thinking and how I should handle the situation. I want very much to reconcile but just cant seem to say or do the right thing.

She's nuts. She's one of those loopie girls that figure if you don't know what is wrong, then she will make life miserable for you so you can feel the hurt she is feeling....anyways good luck with that.

I recommend you do no contact and ignore her for awhile till she calms down...say a month.

Yeah ignore her completely it's an attention thing blatantly. She says it's the last email and sends you 4 more etc. You need to not give her what she's after at all which is attention. And you need to stop asking her if you can get back together, shes in some major power mode right now you need to just act blasé.

Thanks for the reply. I feel the same way but it is hard to wait. It is just not logical for someone who says it is over to keep calling or texting for any reason. Like I said, I want her in my life but I believe to do so I need to be distant for awhile. Thanks for the positive reinforcement.

She needs to calm down....once she gets over these hostile feelings, she will be able to talk to you and work out a solution to this issue she has with you. But for now her emotions are yoyoing...one min she's pissed at you, the next she loves you......it comes is waves. I'm guessing she is young....in years to come she will realize that, men are not mind readers!