+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he do it this way?

Why did he do it this way?

Why do they do it? when things get great some of the great guys just end it. My 4 month BF just ended it with me last night, he said he needed time to himself, I somewhat understand because he broke up with his 2 year gf a week before seeing me. That relationship was horrible for him, she was a drunk and always cheating but not admitting, and very controlling. And then he has me, and he said he hasnt been this happy with someone before and that I'm amazing, we never fought, and i really loved him and still do, and at the end things just started getting even better.
    He said last night that after a 2 year relationship he needs to be alone to think and doesnt know if we'll be together in the future, basically if it happens it happens. But why end something so great like that? he said he wanted to end on a high note cuz it wont be so hard, but its been the hardest thing I have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by poathomson View Post
    Why do they do it? when things get great some of the great guys just end it. My 4 month BF just ended it with me last night, he said he needed time to himself, I somewhat understand because he broke up with his 2 year gf a week before seeing me. That relationship was horrible for him, she was a drunk and always cheating but not admitting, and very controlling. And then he has me, and he said he hasnt been this happy with someone before and that I'm amazing, we never fought, and i really loved him and still do, and at the end things just started getting even better.
    He said last night that after a 2 year relationship he needs to be alone to think and doesnt know if we'll be together in the future, basically if it happens it happens. But why end something so great like that? he said he wanted to end on a high note cuz it wont be so hard, but its been the hardest thing I have experienced.
    My ex girlfriend did the same thing to me... from what ive learned from it is.. you need to let it go and move on

I will be movig on, I am just confused... I'm not one of those girls who try to force myself back in someones life if they don't want me like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by poathomson View Post
    I will be movig on, I am just confused... I'm not one of those girls who try to force myself back in someones life if they don't want me like that anymore.
    you wont get answers. And even if you do it wont make you feel any better. Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing... as they say "curiosity killed the cat."

He hasn't fully healed from his 2 year relationship and that break up. Instantly went into a relationship with you and used you for comfort. It wasn't fair to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwo View Post
    He hasn't fully healed from his 2 year relationship and that break up. Instantly went into a relationship with you and used you for comfort. It wasn't fair to you.
    I went through the same thing and got the SAME excuse.. now shes dating some other guy.. I got NO answers.. but you know what.. Karma is a bitch..

Yeah I guess so, is just hard to walk away from a relationship like that, but I am doing as I should by busying myself with setting up days with friends I havent seen in awhile etc... I find I may have used him for comfort to because about a week before we started dating a very close relative died and I had alot of trouble with it alone.

You were his rebound. And it is why rebound is never a good idea. Plus he has a lot of recovery to do after living with someone controlling and with an alcohol problem. I am sorry to hear this happened to you but rest assured a non-rebound guy is just around the corner for you.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

and just because you were a rebound doesnt mean he didnt/doesnt care about you.. its just bad timing...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    and just because you were a rebound doesnt mean he didnt/doesnt care about you.. its just bad timing...
    I know he cared about me I could feel it, I had always thought it was to soon after, guess he just realized it was time now to cut the ties and actually think about the other relationship... And yeah hope to find him, won't do this to anyone though.