+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ran into the ex Today!!

Ran into the ex Today!!

I just arrived at school to study for an exam and I was walking to the entrance and i seen my ex with my mutal friends. We haven't spoken in almost two months!!! I walked up to her and gave her a hug and asked how she was doing. We talked a bit about her family and her new car, job, what i've been doing in life etc etc. Al my friends thought i would ignore her and not play it cool but i acted totally normal and cool about seeing her even thought it was so awkward and when i seen her my heart dropped to my stomach. I feel as if i lost all progress that i had made. I thought about her alllllllll day after that. Before she left she hugged everyone and then looked at me so i opened my arms and she came and gave me a hug also. Man it sucks, i wish i never seen her! I feel down but at the same time i feel strong that i was mature and that i could see her and not bring up our past relationship or feelings. Right now i want to be in that place i was in yesterday, just having her in the back of my mind not in front of my face. I wish i knew what she is thinking and how she felt.

Humm! They like when you act cool. You might have made a good impression to her. Or maybe not. But it doesn't mean she is thinking about you right now. I think my heart would have also dropped to my stomach. I don't know what else to say, but be strong and always act cool around her. What you did was certainly mature and maybe you will find some closure by acting cool when you see her. If it hurts too much, try to minimize your contact with her. I mean act cool at times and avoid her the others. That's just my 2 cents. I was in your situation and it killed me inside. But that was right after the breakup not two months later.

Be strong my friend, I heard there was a light at the end of the tunnel. So let's hope we get there soon.

thanks, yea I am going to be strong. It does hurt a little less today, havent thought about her too much. It feels like it wasn't reality that i actually seen her. I just have to keep my head up and keep walking. I was thinking about calling her but i am not going to go through with it after hard consideration, there is nothing there for me anymore and her life is totally out of my hands. It was nice talking to her though after so long, really nice that i didn't want her to go. But life has many surprises and obstacles, just another one for me to conquer. Thanks for your advice. How did you react when you seen your ex?

Actually I lived with my ex for 2-3 months after the breakup. It wasn't fun AT ALL. She wanted me to act cool and she was nice with me. But every time I would see her I would try to convince her to give me another chance. Even when she got a new boyfriend I couldn't help but to keep trying. I was desperate and lost. My heart would stop when I would hear her voice. When in my room I would listen to music loud or watch my shows on my laptop with earphones on so I couldn't hear what was going on around the apartment. Two months now I haven't talk to her. Well I texted her the other day and she replied. Nothing special happened. I still feel somewhat great and a bit more calm. But I don't know what I will do if I see her again. But I'm sure I will act cool; things are different now and I getting better. I may just do like you; act cool and then cry in the corner lol. It's all good though. It's life and we all grow and learn all the time.

When I saw the title of the thread I was half expecting the post to say "and now I need a new bumper"

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    When I saw the title of the thread I was half expecting the post to say "and now I need a new bumper"
    Haha! to be honest me too. But we are here to support each other. That's all.

wow you lived with her after the break up, that just like one of my best buddies and he eventually kicked her out. Thats hard, but yea if you do see her just be cool and normal. It will give you a minor set back but everyday gets better, i feel alot better right now!! And yea i should of ran her over LOL.. no no, thats too crazy, i can do alot better than her. The next one is the best one!! Keep your head up!