+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet confidence?

Internet confidence?

I don't understand it. I really just don't get it.

I've seen a lot of people like doppel and CreepedOut, but I haven't yet proved a hypothesis for why these people feel the need to come online, talk about their personal life in such a way that makes them look amazing, and then get pissy when it's shoved back in their face? They also have a tendency to make it look like they can't help themselves, they were just born superior.

I mean, here are a couple examples:

Quote Originally Posted by CreepedOut View Post
    I mean who would not love someone who is giving, understanding, proactive, and caring with everyone regardless of race, religions, wealth, knowledge? Again, this was never my intent it is just how things evolved.
    Especially lately, with the whole "I'm a hard-working teacher" thing from doppeltard.

My current hypothesis is that there's a lack of love from their parents and their real life friends (or they don't have any), giving them the urge to get attention and love from random strangers on the 'net that don't have full access to their real life stupidity.

Any takers?

Sure, I'll try.

If you really wanted to know why I post what I post, you could have just written me an email. You apparently have my email address and have read my private messages. Unfortunately, you don't really give a shit. This thread is just another bland attempt to ridicule me. Your entire existence on this forum serves only to do that, Nick. Even your alias, "doppelmakemelol" is an obvious sign of contempt. You follow me around on the forum, tell me to "shut the **** up," every time I say something that you disagree with. You make jokes about killing me and you misuse your skills to ban me when I bother to retaliate. You quote my typos as if I am a Texan hillbilly who just found out what a computer is. All I have to say to that is, wow, you try too hard. You're not funny anymore. I think it's pretty obvious who has the "internet confidence" here. You're an internet tough guy, and treating me like a piece of shit is the only thing that cures your cowering depression and self-loathing. You have always had a problem with this. You said so yourself.

I knowingly admit that I am not the most confident person, but I have been relatively successful in life so far. I've had a decent education and I managed to land myself a job that I enjoy. Just because I had a couple of failed relationships doesn't mean my life goals and plans have backfired on me. And what you said about me describing myself as if I'm some kind of great person, it's not true. There are many situations I've posted about that I am not proud of, but at least I asked for advice and sought to improve myself instead of acting like a cocky jackass who knows everything.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 09-07-11 at 06:28 PM.

I find it interesting that you two have very similar names but yet are nemesis. For a while I thought you two were the same person.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    For a while I thought you two were the same person.. lol
    I seriously hope you don't mean that.

I find it interesting that you two have very similar names but yet are nemesis.
    #facepalm.

doppelmakemelol is just one of Nick's accounts... and the similarity on the names is because he likes to make fun of Dopp.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I seriously hope you don't mean that.
    LOL Yes it's true. I don't read words fully if it's too long. My mind automatically shorten words; it's a bad habit of mine. So all I see is doppelxxxxxxxx. This is the first time I actually read doppelmakemelol fully and now I understand why his name is similar to yours. lol

Ha, I need to see this

now I understand why his name is similar to yours. lol
    Yep, because doppel's post made you lol, too:

If you really wanted to know why I post what I post, you could have just written me an email. You apparently have my email address and have read my private messages. Unfortunately, you don't really give a shit. This thread is just another bland attempt to ridicule me. Your entire existence on this forum serves only to do that, Nick. Even your alias, "doppelmakemelol" is an obvious sign of contempt. You follow me around on the forum, tell me to "shut the **** up," every time I say something that you disagree with. You make jokes about killing me and you misuse your skills to ban me when I bother to retaliate. You quote my typos as if I am a Texan hillbilly who just found out what a computer is. All I have to say to that is, wow, you try too hard. You're not funny anymore. I think it's pretty obvious who has the "internet confidence" here. You're an internet tough guy, and treating me like a piece of shit is the only thing that cures your cowering depression and self-loathing. You have always had a problem with this. You said so yourself.

I knowingly admit that I am not the most confident person, but I have been relatively successful in life so far. I've had a decent education and I managed to land myself a job that I enjoy. Just because I had a couple of failed relationships doesn't mean my life goals and plans have backfired on me. And what you said about me describing myself as if I'm some kind of great person, it's not true. There are many situations I've posted about that I am not proud of, but at least I asked for advice and sought to improve myself instead of acting like a cocky jackass who knows everything.
    Do you see, everyone? This is exactly the type of behavior I'm talking about. This is exactly it. Right when I start to point out his flaws and his stupid internet confidence, he backs down with some sort of false humility, in the end as an attempt to make him look good. I don't understand, doppel. Why do you do it? Why is it you're seeking attention and praise from everyone?

You act so confident, until someone points it out, then you say you're not the most confident person. You talk about your failed relationships making you a better person, having an education, the luxury of a job you enjoy, like you're some sort of a great person. But really, I know you're just a South Dakota hillbilly who just found out what a computer is. It's like you're trying way too hard.

I mean, look. I do tell you to shut the fu​ck up on a pretty regular, consistent basis, but it's not because I disagree with what you're saying. It's because I want you to shut the fu​ck up.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, to truly understand why you behave this way. I'm going to keep telling you to shut the fu​ck up until you actually do so, and then you will be cured of your internet confidence.

The mask of anonymity adds an element of safety that people can hide behind and that just makes all of our best traits and worst traits stand out a bit more then in the real world not just confidence.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Yep, because doppel's post made you lol, too:

Do you see, everyone? This is exactly the type of behavior I'm talking about. This is exactly it. Right when I start to point out his flaws and his stupid internet confidence, he backs down with some sort of false humility, in the end as an attempt to make him look good. I don't understand, doppel. Why do you do it? Why is it you're seeking attention and praise from everyone?

You act so confident, until someone points it out, then you say you're not the most confident person. You talk about your failed relationships making you a better person, having an education, the luxury of a job you enjoy, like you're some sort of a great person. But really, I know you're just a South Dakota hillbilly who just found out what a computer is. It's like you're trying way too hard.

I mean, look. I do tell you to shut the fu​ck up on a pretty regular, consistent basis, but it's not because I disagree with what you're saying. It's because I want you to shut the fu​ck up.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, to truly understand why you behave this way. I'm going to keep telling you to shut the fu​ck up until you actually do so, and then you will be cured of your internet confidence.
    Jackass.

_______

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I don't understand it. I really just don't get it.

I've seen a lot of people like doppel and CreepedOut, but I haven't yet proved a hypothesis for why these people feel the need to come online, talk about their personal life in such a way that makes them look amazing, and then get pissy when it's shoved back in their face? They also have a tendency to make it look like they can't help themselves, they were just born superior.

I mean, here are a couple examples:

Especially lately, with the whole "I'm a hard-working teacher" thing from doppeltard.

My current hypothesis is that there's a lack of love from their parents and their real life friends (or they don't have any), giving them the urge to get attention and love from random strangers on the 'net that don't have full access to their real life stupidity.

Any takers?
    I have noticed even more now that I don't have much money, that talk is even cheaper than I thought before, when I had more money. I have also been noticing the similarity between "interpersonal relationships" and politics. Consider this example from foreign policy politics; more innocent States usually get less respect until they become less innocent and join the nuclear club.
    Last edited by ctr916; 10-07-11 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    Ha, I need to see this
    I know right. I'm waiting to see if they get past all this tension and head right in to the sack.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Jackass.
    Tell us about your OOP knowledge.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even your alias, "doppelmakemelol" is an obvious sign of contempt. .
    I thought it was just a lack of imagination. KZarathu was more interesting. I suggested his next SN for "Indimakemehott" but he said no, I was too old and boring for him.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're not funny anymore.
    Actually, he is.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast