+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I hate waking up!

I hate waking up!

Everyday when I wake up, I feel this wave of sadness. I don't know why, but it happens all the time. I wake up and I can't help but feeling sad and thinking about my ex. The good thing is that the moment I get out of bed I feel a lot better.

Regardless I hate it with a passion. I don't want to feel like this anymore when I wake up. I can tell that I'm making progress, but this morning thing it's getting me sick.
    Last edited by confusius; 11-07-11 at 02:36 AM.

How long have you been broken up?

I've had that in the past but me and my ex got back together and it lasted four months till this morning when she broke up with me again. the majority of the time it was thinking i was still with her then the relaisation hit me then the sadness always hit harder. Its hard to control how you feel when you wake up but i think its good that you feel better when you get up definately! what is it you are thinking about your ex if you dont mind me asking?

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    Everyday when I wake up, I feel this wave of sadness. I don't know why, but it happens all the time. I wake up and I can't help but feeling sad and thinking about my ex. The good thing is that the moment I get out of bed I feel a lot better.

Regardless I hate it with a passion. I don't want to feel like this anymore when I wake up. I can tell that I'm making progression, but this morning thing it's getting me sick.
    I feel the exact same way. And unless I have something terribly exciting going on during the day, I continue to feel bummed out as the day progresses. I'm sick of it too.

yeah same here... except the meds kinda put me in apathy so its bearable

There have been at least two days the last week where my thoughts weren't immediately tuned to my ex. That's 2/7 and while it's not great, it continues to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post

Regardless I hate it with a passion. I don't want to feel like this anymore when I wake up. I can tell that I'm making progress, but this morning thing it's getting me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I feel the exact same way. And unless I have something terribly exciting going on during the day, I continue to feel bummed out as the day progresses. I'm sick of it too.
    Same for me. It's like every time I wake up, the realization gets to me almost immediately and I feel this wave of sadness sink into my gut. Bad feeling and I don't know how to make it stop. I've heard every piece of advice imaginable and still nothing works.

How long have you been broken up?
    A little bit over 4 months. But the first 2 months or so we were living in the same apartment and I didn't get the chance to get away from it all until school was out. During that time I still had these feelings in the morning. Maybe it's just because for 1.5 we slept together in the same bed; and when we were apart we will call each other every morning. I don't really know.

what is it you are thinking about your ex if you dont mind me asking?
    The weird part is that I don't think about anything in particular. I feel sad and images of her come in my head like I just miss her or something. I do miss her a great deal though. in 1.5 there wasn't really many days that I did not talk to her. The minute we started dating we were already spending a good deal of time together.

At least I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. Not that I wish this on people, but I don't want to learn that I'm f*cked pretty bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by that one guy View Post
    Same for me. It's like every time I wake up, the realization gets to me almost immediately and I feel this wave of sadness sink into my gut. Bad feeling and I don't know how to make it stop. I've heard every piece of advice imaginable and still nothing works.
    dude im in therapy AND taking medication and still cant stop....

This is exactly how I've been feeling for the past few days. A bit worse, since I go back to sleep to avoid it =S

Don't know about your situation, but it only started happening to me since I learned that my ex was dating someone else and had totally moved on.

I'm having trouble sleeping. For example, last night I went out with some friends and got really drunk. Went to bed at 4am and woke at 9am. Couldn't fall back asleep. The first week after the break up I was only sleeping 2-3 hours per night, and 4th of July weekend I went 48 hours without any sleep.

I go through the bummed out stage at least once a day, and force myself to take my mind off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwo View Post
    I'm having trouble sleeping. For example, last night I went out with some friends and got really drunk. Went to bed at 4am and woke at 9am. Couldn't fall back asleep. The first week after the break up I was only sleeping 2-3 hours per night, and 4th of July weekend I went 48 hours without any sleep.

I go through the bummed out stage at least once a day, and force myself to take my mind off of it.
    get some melatonin.. its natural and helps sleep.. its a chemical your brain produces for sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    dude im in therapy AND taking medication and still cant stop....
    I have been on anti-depressants for several years and I'm still depressed. I came to the realization a little while ago that I'm fairly certain I'm bipolar. It didn't even occur to me but after the amount of research I've done, I'm sure this is the case considering I have all the symptoms. I have an appointment with my doctor in a few days to discuss things further.