+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do not know what to do! Please help!

Do not know what to do! Please help!

I am currently an English teacher in Thailand. I met a guy here about two months ago. We started off really well, but then he started to be really mean to me and we had a few fights in public. He was just so cruel and mean at times that I couldn't handle him and us when we were outside. He completely ignored me on my birthday and then made up an excuse to get back together with me. Well a few weeks ago my friend, who is also a teacher left as her contract had finished. Her and I were really close and I was hoping that the girl who is her replacement would become good friends with me. Well as it turns out she has been lying to me about seeing my so called ex. After our last fight this weekend, he blocked me off facebook, then added her as a friend shortly after.

I was supposed to have dinner with her and her friend that day, but when I answered my phone they just ignored me all day. I took a cab that night to go to my friend's house and saw her and him and her friend walking along together to a bar. When I was this, my heart stopped. Then the girls invited me out to dinner tonight, but I declined as I already have plans. I understand that him and her might a lot in common and that is not a problem, but the fact that they are treating me like an idiot, like I do not know that this is going on, makes me feel really bad. I do not want to overreact and seem immature, but I really do not want to hang out with those girls anymore and I hope that they get the point. We live in small foreign community here, but I feel like I should not risk my principles just for an image.

I know my ex and I do not get along as people at all, but they fact that he is going for the girl that I wanted to be friends with and the fact that she tells me that there is nothing going on, even though I told them how he treated me, is just disgusting. He was very cruel to me and he continues doing this.

How should I handle this?

I understand how you feel, but you should break all ties with your so called girl friend, and forget about him. True friends don't date friend's exs.