+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys I meet online always want to hear what I sound like?

Why do guys I meet online always want to hear what I sound like?

I been chatting with guys on an online dating site and they always want to know what I sound like on the phone. Why is that? Some guys says my voice is so cute. I hate my voice and I was never phone person because I dislike my voice and I;m more nervous on the phone for some reason, but now i am ok on the phone now especially working as a receptionist.

But does listening to your voice really matter? lol

It does to me. An annoying/grating voice can be a deal breaker.

You do know that your own voice doesn't sound the same to you as it does to others, right?

She's really short. Maybe she sounds like a munchkin?

ohhhhhh, we welcome you to lollipop land, to lollipop land, to lollipop land . . .
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

hahahahah.

It's just to gain a more complete picture of you.

Disliking your voice is kind of pointless. It's the only one you get and they haven't figured out a plastic surgery for that yet. :p I would like a more feminine voice (and actually have a phone voice that I do that is quite higher than my usual speaking voice so I don't get called sir. :p )
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I thought it might be a ploy to get a phone number.

So you hate your height, you hate your voice. Is there anything you like about yourself?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

A women's voice alone can be a turn on for certain men.
    For me if her voice is too husky sounding I find it abit of a turn off (not a total turn off but its a point minus to me on her).

Besides that theres a few gender bender freaks online posing as women. So its good to know for guys that they are not chatting up with some male freak case.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    So you hate your height, you hate your voice. Is there anything you like about yourself?
    These threads are ridiculous. She's only posting saying...guys always like this about me but I hate it....so what exactly is the f'ing problem iamminzy? Guys like that you are short...ok whatever who cares, guys like your voice...ok whatever who cares? Just give us a list of everything guys like about you in one thread and then say you hate yourself but everyone else likes you and let's be done with it.
    Last edited by Riku; 12-07-11 at 01:37 AM.

I don't know. It's fun, I guess. I don't really have any particular desire to hear a voice, though if she's got a great one, it's a bonus.

Besides wanting to hear your voice and wanting proof that you exist, talking is more personal than typing. And after all, they are trying to get closer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    Just give us a list of everything guys like about you in one thread and then say you hate yourself but everyone else likes you and let's be done with it.
    I hear ya. I have a good idea for the title too "I don't have enough problems so I'm making them up"
    No offence. I just find this both hilarious and annoying at the same time.

I'm starting to think they want to hear her voice to make sure she's actualy old enough to date and not some 12 year old boy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion