+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I keep dreaming about my ex.......is this normal?

I keep dreaming about my ex.......is this normal?

Hiiii,

Me and my ex split up over 3 weeks ago and in all honestly I feel like i'm dealing with it pretty well, I've been going out, spending time with friends and treating myself to luxury items. Although I'll honestly admit I do miss her and what we had, I no longer have an urge to contact her.

However, recently i have been dreaming a lot about us and the moral behind every dream is that we get back together, it feels strange, and leaves me laying awake in the morning thinking about her (which is the last thing I want)

Is this normal?

I had three dreams in three consecutive nights with my ex in it. And it's been over a month.

About 5 months here after my breakup and I dream about my ex every once in awhile.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

It's your subconscious man. You may not be dwelling on her, but she's still in your head. Don't worry about it, the more time passes it should take care of itself.

It's very normal. She was a part of your life that's now been suddenly amputated, it's your mind's way of catching up with that maybe.

It is totally normal. Dreams are odd things. They mix and match and mash lots of thoughts that are or have ever been in your head. She was a big part of your thought process for quite a while. So there are a lot of thoughts about her, memories, etc. still in there. You brain is just grabbing these and throwing them together with other things.

For example, maybe you are excited about Van Halen and David Lee Roth working together again. Your brain could have just grabbed that thought and mashed it together with a thought of your ex and presto - instant dream about reconciling with your ex.

Don't worry about it. The more things that fill your brainspace the less your brain will randomly grab thoughts of her.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

its weird I had a dream my ex was dating her current boyfriend. A few weeks later it came true... dreams are weird things

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    its weird I had a dream my ex was dating her current boyfriend. A few weeks later it came true... dreams are weird things
    Coincidences aren't.