+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do men grow closer to their partner in a relationship with or without sex?

Do men grow closer to their partner in a relationship with or without sex?

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if relationships do better for men when their is sex involved in the relationship or not. Thanks!

In a poll in a newspaper apparently hugs a kisses are more important. They still need sex but its not the main thing

Quote Originally Posted by Katmeow85 View Post
    In a poll in a newspaper apparently hugs a kisses are more important. They still need sex but its not the main thing
    I read that today also. First thing i thought was 'what a load of bullsh1t!'
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I think sex is an important part of two people growing close. It doesn't have to be from the start, but it's just something about sharing that close space with the other person, forgetting your inhibitions and insecurities, taking time out to make the other person feel good, learning new things about your partner.. you reach a level of intimacy that's very unique. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    I read that today also. First thing i thought was 'what a load of bullsh1t!'
    My bf needs more cuddles than me and i need more sex. So might be a bit true.

Quote Originally Posted by Unimare View Post
    I think sex is an important part of two people growing close. It doesn't have to be from the start, but it's just something about sharing that close space with the other person, forgetting your inhibitions and insecurities, taking time out to make the other person feel good, learning new things about your partner.. you reach a level of intimacy that's very unique. IMO
    I think you are totally right. I feel my relationship growing colder because we dont have sex enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie69 View Post
    Hey everyone. I was just wondering if relationships do better for men when their is sex involved in the relationship or not. Thanks!
    You've got to be kidding.

I think sex is the art of getting close. I mean, how can you be really close without having sex? How closer can you get?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmeow85 View Post
    My bf needs more cuddles than me and i need more sex. So might be a bit true.
    Ditto .
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I think it depends on the age group, and the individual man. I'm middle-aged but still need sex, mostly for emotional intimacy. For me, sex IS emotional and intimate, and absolutely required in a relationship.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It depends on the person. A serial killer might consider a healthy spleen to be the best thing in a relationship. On a more sane scale, some guys only want sex and couldn't care less for the rest of it. Some guys only want to feel close to the person that they're with. Sex is just a bonus. Many cultures consider submissiveness to be most important. Many guys in the United States could consider compatible points of view to be paramount.

Lumping half of the people in the world into one category isn't a healthy practice. If you intend on being with ONE person, you might just want to throw all of the statistics you have ever heard about relationships into the trash can. For example: You read a paper that shows that a male in his mid-twenties is most-likely to be physically fit. Another paper says that males are generally more intelligent than females. While finding an example that fits either of these statistics is common, finding one that fits both categories is significantly less-common. Of course, putting more on the table just puts your match closer to the "one in a million" scenario.